• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Smokerroller

Si vic pacem, Para bellum
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2013
Sheridan, WY
I just heard the term RTC today. What is it? What is the match format? Field style team match? What are the typical engagement distances? Is it a lot different than a PRS match?

Don't shoot it myself, but have lots of friends that do. It's a league that's mostly in WA and MT with one match in WY this year. It's a team match, shoot together with your partner where one can spot and call corrections for the other both engage the same COF under a single time limit. Usually need to range and dope on the clock, time allotted is a bit more generous than typical PRS comps. More field style, natural terrain matches with a higher percentage of prone shooting, but still lots of creative positional stuff using natural terrain or tripods to shoot over brush, and even some barricade shooting like PRS. Lots of matches will have a mover stage as well. Most matches are 2 day events. Requires you to be both a good shooter as well as function effectively as a team.

There are some good shooters that participate. Winners of the series point race last year and so far this year are a team made up of two guys who are very strong national level PRS/NRL shooters.

This is my second season of shooting the RTC. It’s incredibly fun and challenging in ways that PRS/NRL matches aren’t. I think it’s been tough for it to catch on simply due to the fact that it’s hard to find a partner to shoot with whose schedule and skill align with each other. I also don’t think that match directors are familiar with the format and interest that they would see from shooters if they were to bring an RTC match to their locale.
If you have a chance to shoot an RTC match or talk a match director into organizing one you should do it!

Although we don't have the trees to create the narrow shooting lanes and as many of the loop holes. We do have hills/ridges to create a few loops and lots places to create off angle FFPs with some dead space to help make things a bit more challenging without the use of our obstacles.

We are hoping to put together a simple, easier and cheap 1 day Team Mach in November that might be a great spin up soft entry for matches like the RTC but without caliber restrictions.. The main goal is to make it fun, simple club style event with a much smaller amount of shooters.. Instead of 20-50 teams, maybe only 16-18 with lots if not most of them 1st time team shooters.

We are in Central CA if interested check out this thread here:

This would be in addition to our Southwest Regional PRS matches.

Last edited:
I am hoping more of the In-Motion Targets/Riflesticks matches allow single shooter entry next year. I had a blast shooting SHC individually this year.... If I "identify" as two people can I sign up as a team and shoot all of the stages twice!?!... asking for my other self.
Honestly I think most of the match directors that run RTC matches would allow single shooters if asked.

Reactions: Busyhawk
There are definitely some eager shooters on the east coast! I'm sure it would catch on pretty quick!

Reactions: adb77