• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors What is the tube threading on the Ti-rant 9M? Replacing booster

gigabels

Private
Minuteman
Jul 27, 2022
USA
Long story short, I'm close to "going all-in" on Griffin's EZ-LOK for my handguns. Unfortunately I own the Tirant 9M, and Griffin's AAC piston is only for the Tirant 45 which is not compatible with the 9. So I wonder if I can replace the entire booster, perhaps with Griffin's booster + a Griffin EZ-LOK piston? That booster is for 1.2875x24 tube bodies, but I can't find the tube threading for the Tirant. ATM best I can do is use a measuring tape, and the outer threads are ROUGHLY 1-3/16" or 1-7/32" which comes close. Hoping someone happens to already know if this will work.

Also any comments about EZ-LOK are welcome. I have the Tirant and the SiCo Hybrid 46m, planning to order the CGS Mod-9. I will be hosting them on Glock 17's, a P320, a FNX-9, and maybe a Glock 21 for the Hybrid. Longterm plan is to get them all SBR'd and add USW conversion kits. My main attraction to the EZ-LOK system is retention and swapability.

Well after wasting a whole lot of time trying to figure out why nobody sells spare Tirant boosters, the owner of Ecco Machines informed me it's a regulated suppressor part. Sending it in to him so he can fit the new booster which accepts ez lok pistons and destroy my old one. For posterity the threads are a useless 1-5/16"x28

Reactions: CWD