• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What Is The Turn Around Time On The Remington 700 Trigger Recall?

samnev

First Sargeant
Minuteman
  • Mar 16, 2010
    Surprise, AZ
    I'd like to know from anyone that has had their 700 recalled due ti the trigger recall what Is The Turn Around Time On The Remington 700 Trigger Recall?
    TIA

About 1 weekend... Thats how long it took me to find, buy, and install a Timney.

Spartan, ...it's cool that your helping with the back log...grin!
    As a side note,I received an email about 3 weeks ago stating that Remington wad sending me a shipping carton for my rifle...I replied telling them I had already replaced the trigger... they in turn told me to just send in the defective trigger and they would replace/ repair so that I could have a spare or sell it...last Friday I received a full size rifle box...so I taped the trigger and info to the inside of that great big box and sent it back...
    Hope they appreciate the humor...
    Hope they don't think the box is empty...lol!

I registered with Remington and just got notified they are sending the box to return the rifle to them. I'm not returning shit, I'm replacing the trigger with a Timney. That will be better than any trigger from them anyway......

After I worked out all the details with their customer service...it took about four working days for Remington to get me a box. From the day I shipped it until the day I got it back took one day short of three weeks.

I too was wondering.mmi got my box about 3 weeks after I sent the email into them. I am not sending it back and will be installing a Jewell. I am going to send them the bill and see what happens.

Rem 700 recall turn around time

I too was wondering.mmi got my box about 3 weeks after I sent the email into them. I am not sending it back and will be installing a Jewell. I am going to send them the bill and see what happens.

My 700 took 6 weeks from the day shipped to the day returned-was repaired in NY.

I've seen a thread on another forum where folks have been waiting months since they sent their rifles in to Remington, with no word on when they might get 'em back. Somebody had seen a report on how many technicians Remington had working on the recalled guns, and calculated that at (what sounded like) a reasonable rate of guns handled per day, it could take 'em more than 10 years to fix all the 700s they've sold.

But I talked to some SWAT cops a week or so ago and they said all of their department guns were back in about 10 days.

I don't have a 700, but if I did have one and didn't want to give it up for as long as it might take Remington to get around to it, I'd spring for a Timney or Jewell in a heartbeat.

Even a properly working XMP trigger still sucks. I would just get a timney

Sent my Remington 700 in May 12/2014. Haven't heard a word about how long since. The website they have that is supposed to keep us informed is inoperable. A call to customer service will provide nothing. To add insult to injury, I purchased my rifle on March 24. More insult, I have never put one round down range. More insult piled on. Ordered a SWFA 10 x42 scope on May 9th. Backordered until mid August. Nothing on their website says out of stock or anything else for that matter. I even have to call once a month to get an update and then I get nothing definitive, "sometime in August". Things have to start looking up soon.

Anyone have an update on their experience? Mine was received by Remington on 6/20. Still no word. Anyone else have trouble with the website Remington provides to check the status of your repair? How is the customer service via phone? I need to call, I'm planning on moving out of state next month. Would be nice to know where my rifle will end up.

Little Update. Called customer service. They informed me that my gun went into repair on July 2nd. She said right now they are expecting a 12 week turn around. I informed her that I am planning on moving next month. She told me that I am able to to have the rifle sent to my new address as long as I can provide proof of a new address. Also they can arrange to have it sent to a FFL in my area as well.

Glad I saw this as I'm buying a 700 BDL next month! Have all affected rifles been taken off the shelves of dealers, or should I be looking out for certain serial numbers when I buy?

I can't believe people sent their guns back. There would be no way I would do that when there are so many trigger options out there.

My kids lefty Rem 700 youth was part of the recall, great excuse for a new trigger a nice Timney set 2.5lbs, needless to say its perfect, breaks clean and crisp, not sure why I didn't put one in for him earlier.

I recently purchased a 700 SPS. bought it from gunbuyer.com . they told me the recall had already been taken care of but I figured I would call Remington anyway to make sure. They told me to look at the bolt release button and if there was a small indent on it, then it had been repaired. Sure enough it did. I already had plans to get a Timney anway and it just came in today. Just figured I would pass along the info in case anyone is wondering how to check to see if theirs had been repaired or if they were looking to buy one affected by the recall.

Just go with a old style/school rem trigger or aftermarket and call it a day

Care to pay for a new trigger for me? I don't have the money to replace with an aftermarket trigger. I feel better sending it in and have the recall done. Just in case something were to happen, I can say I had the recall done.

I was told 12 weeks as well by Remington. Was thinking about the Timney route, but I checked to see where the repairs were being done. I am in Texas and there is only 1 repair center in Texas. LSG, Inc. in Comanche, Texas run by a gunsmith named Frank Smith. Comanche is on the way to my deer lease. I called first to assure there was a replacement available. There was and made an appointment. Total time to fix/repair was 20 minutes. Well worth the time and gas not to have to give up my gun, 308 Rem 5R. Tulsa is the next closest repair center. Was told there were only 11 total repair gunsmiths in the country other than the home shop in NY.