• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What is the value of this rifle?

WTC343

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2006
Nevada, Texas
Am considering selling my 700P to fund either a custom build or maybe an OBR. I know approximately how much money I have into the rifle, but need some help with what I can expect to sell it for. This will help me decide if the rifle is really worth selling or not. What do you guys think I should ask for it? Thanks.

Rifle Specs:

-Remington 700 Police, .308
-Action and bolt trued, factory barrel trued and set back, cut to 24" and recrowned, bolt knob, OD Moly Resin coat on action and barrel. All work performed by R&D precision.(Maverick Package)
-AICS 1.5, 5 round and 10 round AI mags included
-Seekins 20 MOA base
-710 well documented rounds, logbook included

Pic of the rifle:
DSCF1312.jpg

(Scope and rings will not be included.

7 round group at 100 yards:
tgt.jpg

Re: What is the value of this rifle?

And before anyone hits the notify mods button, he's not skirting the rules, he's got the posts and tenure to be grandfathered in so he has the ability to put this in the for sale section when the time comes.

I was not going to list this on SH, as I know that I do not have enough posts. Long time lurker, post very little. Did I do something wrong? If so, take down the post. Was just trying to get some input as to what I should list it for. Asking prices seem to be all over the place.

I'd estimate the rifle at about $1600 to $1700, obviously not including glass. Here's my breakdown (what you could seel it for, not what it costs new):

AICS 1.5, 1 mag: $675
Barrelled action with truing job, bolt knob: $800
Seekins Base: $75
10 rnd AICS: $60

Figure a coating job and a barrel setback typically don't add value.

-David
Edgewood, NM

i would say between 1600-1900 it would sell fairly quick. market isn't very good right now so maybe closer to the 1600 mark.

not that I have anything to sell at the moment but what are the requirements to sell an item here?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tango0202</div><div class="ubbcode-body">not that I have anything to sell at the moment but what are the requirements to sell an item here? </div></div>
says it in the forum rules

It can also help your sale price sometimes if the work was done a familiar gun builder. It's a good looking gun that I'd hold onto if at all possible. It's already semi-custom, paid for, and you're familiar with it. I'd eat ramen for a few months before I'd turn loose of a good-shooting 308 bolt gun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tango0202</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wow great answer...very helpful </div></div>

Sounds like reading the forum rules would be helpful. For those who may have skipped them when signing up, they're posted in the forums as well:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1844380#Post1844380

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZLBubba</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It can also help your sale price sometimes if the work was done a familiar gun builder. It's a good looking gun that I'd hold onto if at all possible. It's already semi-custom, paid for, and you're familiar with it. I'd eat ramen for a few months before I'd turn loose of a good-shooting 308 bolt gun.</div></div>

The work was done by a builder familiar to SH. Randy Cain of R&D precision did the work (screenname HateCA). I hear what you are saying about not letting go of a good shooter, but it might be a long time before I save up that kind of money. I can afford to sell what I got, and put some with it. I barely have enough time to shoot the few rifles that I have, so if I got something nicer it would stay in the safe anyway. I don't have a huge collection of firearms, but the few I do have are very high quality. I also was contemplating selling a SA TRP Operator full rail, but I talked myself out of it. Thanks for your input.

smart-ass remarks like that aren't going to get you anywhere on this forum. I'm pretty new here too, so my advice would be to take a couple minutes to research a question first. Usually they're right there in front of you.

Edit: I was referring to Tango's post above. Sorry, forgot to quote

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rhongman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">smart-ass remarks like that aren't going to get you anywhere on this forum. I'm pretty new here too, so my advice would be to take a couple minutes to research a question first. Usually they're right there in front of you.

Edit: I was referring to Tango's post above. Sorry, forgot to quote
</div></div>

And keeping your opinion to your self in a conversation that has nothing to do with you in anyway whatsoever...will get you a long way. :)

This is a public forum, it is everyones business...read the damn rules first and you won't post stupid obvious questions. Also, stop shitting on the OP's thread.

WTC, that's a nice stick, and I would hate to have to let that go. $1,600 is a pretty fair price to ask for, and even though the economy is crap right now, you will have no problem finding buyers in this crowd. It will go REAL quick.

Yup, 1600-1800 and it should sell pretty quick, as far as letting go of a good rifle, if you don't have the time to shoot it anyways you should let it go and let someone who has the time enjoy, no sense of letting a nice rifle like that be a safe queen. If I had the dough at the moment I would buy it, but I live in CT, where they are about to raise our already high taxes, YEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHH. Good Luck with the sell

Thanks for all the input everyone, that's pretty close to what I was thinking it was worth.