• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What is this? AI MKIII

chevytruck_83

Student of the sport
Minuteman
May 3, 2013
While unboxing a used AI MKIII I just purchased I noticed something loose in the butt stock. After taking the two Allen’s out of the pad I noticed a nut that slides up and down in a groove with no bolt of any sort. It appears to be some sort of vertical adjustment but the two Allen’s that hold the pad on screw right into the stock..? I’m confused.

Attachments

• 2A6DC97C-2028-45FE-B2F8-C4AF89560847.jpeg
    2A6DC97C-2028-45FE-B2F8-C4AF89560847.jpeg
    383.8 KB · Views: 66
Yeah. That looks like it came off an AIAX/MC. Especially considering it has that weird rough looking material on the plate.

I’m making this estimation off the fact that both of my AX chassis’s on my vudoo and impact look just like that

This is the rifle. So I’m guessing they just used it as a spacer. Seems to me with a little ingenuity I could make this adjustable up and down and rotate.

Attachments

• D6E368C2-09BC-42E6-9F8E-A2DD134D5437.jpeg
    D6E368C2-09BC-42E6-9F8E-A2DD134D5437.jpeg
    422.7 KB · Views: 85
Reactions: Krob95
This is the rifle. So I’m guessing they just used it as a spacer. Seems to me with a little ingenuity I could make this adjustable up and down and rotate.
Nice stick! And anything is possible with a little imagination and the right or wrong tools 😂

That is the adjustable buttplate spacer that bolts to the stock side of the AI. The rubber buttplate then bolts to the sliding stud in the middle and can be adjusted for height and tilt. Here's pictures from my AI AW of similar vintage. the first picture is of the parts. The part you have bolts to the rifle stock and through any length of pull spacers that you might have on the rifle. The buttplate then bolts to the adjustable spacer like the 2nd picture here.
IMG_4912.jpg
IMG_4913.jpg

Reactions: clcustom1911
That is the adjustable buttplate spacer that bolts to the stock side of the AI. The rubber buttplate then bolts to the sliding stud in the middle and can be adjusted for height and tilt. Here's pictures from my AI AW of similar vintage. the first picture is of the parts. The part you have bolts to the rifle stock and through any length of pull spacers that you might have on the rifle. The buttplate then bolts to the adjustable spacer like the 2nd picture here.View attachment 7457901View attachment 7457906
Thanks. I’m definitely missing the piece mounted to your butt pad.

The rubber butt plate is special too. The one that is need for your adj plate has metal inserts in backside of rubber, that Phillips head screw screw into. Probably have to call Aina directly to see if the butt pad side of adj target butt is available separately. They only go up .4", so its not a lot, they do allow rotation and quite a bit of drop. Honestly, ive never needed it on my ae mk2/3. I did put one on my ax, just because the scope is mounted higher(due to tube forend)
20201028_151902.jpg

Fully raised target butt on mk1 ax
20200923_101705.jpg

Top of butt pad is about same distance to top of cheek piece, with standard plate on mk2.

Reactions: BuLLet
Thanks. I’m definitely missing the piece mounted to your butt pad.
You posted a photo of your rifle- are you sure the rubber butt pad on your rifle doesn't come off by loosening an Allen wrench bolt in the middle of the pad? If it does, then the spacer in your first photo goes between the rubber butt pad and the plastic length of pull spacers.