• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What is this worth

rwest309

Private
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2007
Artesia NM
I traded for this rifle recently mainly because it looked killer. The guy I got it from said it was from AWC? it says AWC systems technology phoenix ariz .308 Win on the barrel. The action is remington 700 no j lock crap. It looks like the bbl is 1.25 with some sort of brake which has AWC logo on the bottom. It is in an AICS 1.5 has a 20-25 moa 1 pc base, tactical badger? bolt knob, Burris XTR 312 with Burris rings and a harris swivel bipod. The magazine is a 10 round. I got it the other day and the range is closed till tuesday so I dont know how it shoots but the trigger is crisp at 1.5-2 lbs by feel. The bolt looks to have been trued in the lugs and it supposedly has about 400 rounds through it. Barrel is 20 inches long and the recoil lug looks to be .25 or larger. Its a heavy bastard I dont have a scale but I would not want to wander around carrying it.

What do ya'll know about this? What did I get my self into?

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/3508/awcaics5.jpg
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/5228/awcaics3.jpg

Re: What is this worth

Personally I'm leery about people claiming something is an AI AW/AE anything unless it has the AI name on it. Anyone can put a Rem action on an AICS and call it an AWC, but it's really not. I'd think what you have is probably a $2000-$2500 hybrid on your hands, but there are other people more expert in these things than I am, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

AWC makes suppressors and has no affiliation with Accuracy International. It looks like an awesome rifle with one big barrel on it. Get out and shoot it!

If it shoots you have about $2k-$2500 rifle on your hands there. If it doesn't shoot you just made a bad trade...learn next time. I hope it shoots well for you.

If you take it in pieces you have a decent, but not the best, scope that's around $600-$700. The stock is a $500 value The action is work $300 at least if not more depending on how well it was trued and what is done to it. I see the bolt has a new handle so that's another $75 added value. So, even if whoever did the barrel didn't know a damn thing about what they were doing you something pretty solid to work from. Again, if they did know, and did it all right then all the work you never "see" on a rifle is well worth it.

-good luck

It feels really smooth when you lift the bolt and work the action and as I said the trigger breaks really crisp but is not super light. It looks like 4 grooves in the barrel. I wonder what sort of barrel it is definitely pretty. The muzzle break is freaking trick I cant understand how they machined it. It has two slots in the top closest to the barrel. The second slot looks like it empties into a chamber in the break between the bore and outside wall which empties out 3 holes at the top near the muzzle. I tried to photo this but its too shiny I guess. My camera wont focus right on it.

Well for starters you didn't tell us what or how you traded. I could part your new rifle out and come up with a good chunk of change. Or I could take it out and stuff it full of FGGM and shoot it. I was told a long time ago by an old gun trader that all it takes to make a good trade is a happy buyer and a happy seller. Good luck. krw

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sandwarrior</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">The stock is a $500 value </span></span>

-good luck </div></div>

An AICS chassis is going to be more than $500 dollars. A 1.5 is about 800+ dollars now a day.

I traded a used remington r15 with 2 20 rd mags with a Super Sniper 10x. I was at the range sighting in the scope and a guy was eyeballing the r15. He kept asking about buying it and I was able to fend him off for some time. We got to talking about guns and he says I got a few more at the house If you see something you would like I would trade with you. So me and a buddy went to his house later and he had some nice stuff. Browning shotguns, some nice revolvers, a benelli Super black eagle that I was about to trade for when I saw this thing. It just looked wicked.

I thought what the hell I have 1200 in the R15 with the scope and it was pretty shitty as far as AR's go. The guy was super excited about the camo saying it would match all his gear just had to have it. Straight up trade for the R15. I was hoping I did okay it was more of an impulse than anything.

rwest!
Dont' think you did badly with the trade, assuming that the barrel is still good. Do you know how many rounds down the tube?

AICS -- 750 - 800
Harris bipod -- 85-100
Action and barrel-- 300 -500
Tactical bolt knob -- 75 -90
Scope ???

That's just my rought estimate. I think you did okay. Worse case scenario, is the barrel is toasted. Replacing a new barrel will give you a very awesome stick for that price. JMHO

Guy said 400 down the tube it looks bright and shiny in there after a few patches. It wasnt copper fouled either I ran some bore tech on a patch and got nothing. Damn I wish the range was open. Im going to have to take this out in the desert and try it out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertHK</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sandwarrior</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">The stock is a $500 value </span></span>

-good luck </div></div>

An AICS chassis is going to be more than $500 dollars. A 1.5 is about 800+ dollars now a day.</div></div>

Used? I'm being conservative. Honestly we aren't too far off either way. After reading his post about trading off the AR and what he paid I think he came out ahead even if it doesn't shoot and he has to swap out barrels.

I guess the only remaining thing to do is to take it to the range with some good ammo (match grade) and see how she performs. Don't forget to include the range report.

Sandwarrior, I agree with you. Either way, I think rwest is ahead with the trade for his AR15

If it shoots like my AWC 20"er you will be more than happy.They are local to me and build a heck of a rifle.

I had a friend with another of their setups with their "Hyperdyne"[IIRC] muzzlebrake system...worked well.

I'd say you stole it too!!

good luck
wes in AZ

Does the Hyperdyne brake on your buddies gun sound like the one I described in the original post? I got on their website and saw that they build suppressors and a few rifles but there are no prices and there doesnt seem to be any in AICS.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The muzzle break is freaking trick I cant understand how they machined it. It has two slots in the top closest to the barrel. The second slot looks like it empties into a chamber in the break between the bore and outside wall which empties out 3 holes at the top near the muzzle. I tried to photo this but its too shiny I guess. My camera wont focus right on it.</div></div>