• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What is this?

Kasey

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 3, 2003
www.accu-shot.com
So tell me what this is, what we are doing and why.

The first person that gets all three right wins!

Attachments

• 3473763E-CFED-4BB0-8742-6782BA4EA075.jpeg
    3473763E-CFED-4BB0-8742-6782BA4EA075.jpeg
    302.4 KB · Views: 733
Reactions: britneymadz
It looks like you're testing the strength of the bipod to resist load or recoil.

Reactions: Fig
Got to add: It's a testing fixture. I'm sure you have a customer that is curious enough that the work is worth your time.

I'd think it would be appropriate to shame the knock-offs by putting them through the test, too.

Got to add: It's a testing fixture. I'm sure you have a customer that is curious enough that the work is worth your time.

I'd think it would be appropriate to shame the knock-offs by putting them through the test, too.
PRETTY SURE THAT'S A KNOCK-OFF IN THE IMAGE

Reactions: phlegm
Testing apparatus to prove the strength/durability of authentic B&T products versus imitations sold on the interwebs. Maybe a video forthcoming to show results?

Reactions: Scotch_egg
i find humor in knockoffs. especially people that pay as much for a harris knockoff as the real thing.

but there's no comparison to a real atlas

Reactions: Vargmat
Ok most you guys are on the right track, the sexual and political leaning reply’s are, I suppose are just that, but absolutely off track.

So one post, with all the right answers wins!

Testing fixture.

Tests bipod load strength and ability to withstand recoil.

Demonstrating inferior construction of counterfeit products.

A testing fixture to prove that the inferior knock offs are just that because you’re tired of them stealing your design.

It is a testing fixture with a mechanical counter that records the number of impacts/recoil impulses to failure of an amazon purchased atlas clone Chinese bipod.

Soooo close! One more element in the image needs described!!

Again, one post that answers all!

Last try:

Testing fixture.

Tests bipod load strength and ability to withstand recoil.

Demonstrating inferior construction of counterfeit products, by measuring force needed or number of impacts to induce failure. To be used to defend your patents.

Reactions: CBeck
A testing fixture to prove that the Chinese inferior knock offs are just that because you’re tired of them stealing your design and being sold on amazon

Last try

It is a testing fixture with a reciprocating actuator and mechanical counter that records the number of impacts/recoil impulses to failure of an amazon purchased atlas clone Chinese bipod.

You're testing loading and twist on a Chinese copy of one of your bipods to show how crappy they are!

What is it: Bipod “torture” tester
What are we doing: simulating “firings” (loading, recoil and reloading) on the bipod
Why: supply customers with comparable numbers as to what your bipod can withstand vs knockoffs, shows lifespan. Then compare how much it will cost a customer who goes cheap, to replace their bipod, vs spending the money on quality. Quantitative “buy once cry once”

Whatsupdoc for the win. Good job!!

Product test platform
Failure tests of counterfeit Atlas bipods
Counterfeit Atlas bought from Amazon

Send us your address to [email protected] and we’ll send you a CAL Gen 2 Atlas. ( prototype being made now, production ASAP)

Wow cant believe it, thank you very much.

Reactions: CBeck
Any chance you can sue Amazon for facilitating patent infringement and loss of revenue for B&T by enabling chicom shit knockoffs of your designs/products to be sold through their site.

It's not like it's that hard to do on their end, only allow authorized dealers to sell B&T products through Amazon.

Why would you spend time and effort producing a video that showcased knockoffs, however bad they are? We all know they exist and suck, why give them more press?

I would be spending time focusing on coming up with new designs to compete with Magpul and a Warne instead of trying to discredit $40 knockoffs from a country that DGAF.

Why would you spend time and effort producing a video that showcased knockoffs, however bad they are? We all know they exist and suck, why give them more press?

I would be spending time focusing on coming up with new designs to compete with Magpul and a Warne instead of trying to discredit $40 knockoffs from a country that DGAF.
would be interesting to the results not only from knockoffs, but also Atlas, Harris, Elite Iron, LRA, Cadex etc etc

and why would he want to compete with Magpul? way different market

Good point. But as a manufacturer that today spends 20% of their phone/email time talking to people about their broken “Atlas” that is a counterfeit, it would appear “we all know” is not accurate.
Second, we have an obligation to protect what is ours, educating consumers is one way to do so.
Last, there are American companies that are infringing our patents, while not outright counterfeiting, it’s still theft. More education and defending of CURRENT products let alone new ones.
So there’s a lot of moving pieces to manufacturing today, maybe you are a manufacturer and know this?

Any chance you can sue Amazon for facilitating patent infringement and loss of revenue for B&T by enabling chicom shit knockoffs of your designs/products to be sold through their site.

It's not like it's that hard to do on their end, only allow authorized dealers to sell B&T products through Amazon.

Amazon.... more counterfeit goods are sold to American consumers through Amazon than any other source. They are the largest retailer in the world and owned by the richest person that also is the least charitable. We have tried to work with them at every turn to no avail, they simply do not care enough to stop it. It will take the US government forcing Amazon to stop this which I suspecxt is one reason why Trump takes issue with Bozo (sp).

Reactions: lash
Good point. But as a manufacturer that today spends 20% of their phone/email time talking to people about their broken “Atlas” that is a counterfeit, it would appear “we all know” is not accurate.
Second, we have an obligation to protect what is ours, educating consumers is one way to do so.
Last, there are American companies that are infringing our patents, while not outright counterfeiting, it’s still theft. More education and defending of CURRENT products let alone new ones.
So there’s a lot of moving pieces to manufacturing today, maybe you are a manufacturer and know this?

20% of your day? That's nuts.

I manage a brand in the US in a different industry, and have manufactured products in the US, Asia and Europe. I have fought this battle before.

1) Have you considered licensing your patents to a litigation group that provides you with royalties based on successful patent defense? This can work for smaller companies getting infringed by larger ones.

2) With regards to Amazon, have you considered recruiting trusted customers (preferably 10-20+) to purchase the clones and then having those same trusted customers file counterfeit claims with Amazon? This is the fastest (and dirtiest) way to use Amazon's size and bureaucracy against Chinese sellers.

20% of your day? That's nuts.

I manage a brand in the US in a different industry, and have manufactured products in the US, Asia and Europe. I have fought this battle before.

1) Have you considered licensing your patents to a litigation group that provides you with royalties based on successful patent defense? This can work for smaller companies getting infringed by larger ones.

2) With regards to Amazon, have you considered recruiting trusted customers (preferably 10-20+) to purchase the clones and then having those same trusted customers file counterfeit claims with Amazon? This is the fastest (and dirtiest) way to use Amazon's size and bureaucracy against Chinese sellers.

Yes, 20%. The counterfeits break like it's their job, so the consumer calls/emails us about a broken "Atlas" so we ask for photo and where it was bought from. Then once identified as a fake, often the consumer still asks/expects us to repair it... This is where the Wright project came from. The drain on resources is in fact nuts.

1) Never heard of such, sounds promising, where do I learn more?

2) We have processed orders through Amazon and had sellers removed, however, it is truly "whack-a-mole". The cycle is; 25 sellers of counterfeits on Amazon, we do our work then there's 17 sellers, then two weeks later there's 28 sellers. Maybe we are missing something, but as a counterfeit seller can get kicked off, come back with a different sellers name, use the same ASIN and be back in business, seems to be an easy MO and acceptable to Amazon. Or, they can’t control it? Hardly. They want their .03 from every transaction no matter what it is. It’ll take some action from Uncle sugar to stop that bleeding of the US economy.

Yes, 20%. The counterfeits break like it's their job, so the consumer calls/emails us about a broken "Atlas" so we ask for photo and where it was bought from. Then once identified as a fake, often the consumer still asks/expects us to repair it... This is where the Wright project came from. The drain on resources is in fact nuts.

1) Never heard of such, sounds promising, where do I learn more?

2) We have processed orders through Amazon and had sellers removed, however, it is truly "whack-a-mole". The cycle is; 25 sellers of counterfeits on Amazon, we do our work then there's 17 sellers, then two weeks later there's 28 sellers. Maybe we are missing something, but as a counterfeit seller can get kicked off, come back with a different sellers name, use the same ASIN and be back in business, seems to be an easy MO and acceptable to Amazon. Or, they can’t control it? Hardly. They want their .03 from every transaction no matter what it is. It’ll take some action from Uncle sugar to stop that bleeding of the US economy.

I didn’t mean “nuts” in a negative / doubtful capacity, I just meant I totally underestimated the amount of consumers mistakenly buying counterfeit product—that is a staggering amount of your time! Caught me off-guard.

I’ll look through my emails and see if I can send you some companies that do the litigation stuff. Can you PM me the best way to contact you?

It’s a grenade launcher made with parts bought off amazon that where made to mil spec in China.

@Kasey Thanks again, I received my Gen 2 CAL and typical of BT Atlas bipods they reflect high quality and solid designs.
I like that it has a wider footprint than my BT46, nicely done.

Reactions: Krazy_jim
People have paid full price and gotten the clones. The amazon page even had pictures from Kaseys website on it.

Duh.....
It does say “by:_________” on the listing...
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=atlas+bipod&rh=i:aps,k:atlas+bipod
$279
$319
$219
$319
$219
$339
$45
$449
$259
I’m not claiming savant status, or Sherlock Holms powers of deduction, but I think I can pick out the Chinese copy just by looking at the price...