• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What is Varget stock up to today???

Ted_D

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 17, 2009
Sandpoint Idaho
www.hms.harvard.edu
HOW MUCH IS VARGET UP TO TODAY? I had a few lbs along with some RL22, LIL Gun and H1000 + a few primers. Man said he would take it all then tells he wants a deal. I told him what the could do. I was asking $25 per lb and I thought that was a deal after seeing it on Gunbroker

Re: What is Varget stock up to today???

I just paid very close to $25 a pound for Varget from a local wholesaler. He has 7,000 pounds of powder on order from Hodgdon. He was supposed to get 400 pounds yesterday. When it didn't show he called and they said it would be here today, but only 200 pounds. When it showed up today it was actually only 50 pounds, and I bought the only 3 pounds of varget that he got. I was happy to pay $25 a pound.

Just got an 8lb jug for $170.00. I had placed an order for it about 3 months ago.
A buddy picked it up from the local range when he was there on some business. Thanks, Doc!
laugh.gif

i found 6 pounds locally yesterday for $22 a pound. felt like i got screwed. i hope varget does better with scenars, bergers, or the new sierras than it did with the 155 a-max.

I would pay $25 for one pound of Varget. Reasonable price under the current situation. I have also seen RL22 for $26 per pound. Hard to get those these days.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: selfbowhunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i found 6 pounds locally yesterday for $22 a pound. felt like i got screwed. i hope varget does better with scenars, bergers, or the new sierras than it did with the 155 a-max. </div></div>

If it doesn't work out for ya please let me know... I'll buy it from ya

wil,

i will keep it in mind. the rifle did very well with sierras and surplus 4895 or wc846 but the velocity at reasonable pressures was only in the 2750-2800 area. varget does better on velocity but has not been as consistent in the accuracy department.

chuck

25 bucks a pound is a great deal. The cheap 8# jugs are clearing for 400 bucks on GunBroker right now. That's 50 bucks a pound plus shipping and HAZMAT.

Some guy wants to nickel and dime you down to 18 bucks a pound or something tell him to go screw off. There's a difference between gouging and simply giving it up at fair retail values from stores. GB.com auctions are only gouging because people are dumb enough to pay it, he's trying to play hardball on something that's currently in a sellers market.

I want RL 22, I have enough Varget for right now and I shoot a lot of BLC-2. I'm not in the need for RL 22 enough to go buy it at 40-50 bucks or more a pound though.

Varget is 185 bucks per 8# jug at a local reloading store here . I am glad I Still have 12 pounds in the reloading room . When I run our of that I will move onto the Military pulldown powder I have 16 pounds of . If and when price comes back down to the realm of affordability I will buy another big batch and go from there .

I gave $24.97 to $28 a lb and I was going to lose a little after tax. Why tell someone you will take it then at he last minute a few days later after you have turned down people because it was supposed to be sold pull shit like this? I will never figure people out. Its going to come down to who has the cash in my hand first gets it. Call when you get close, I may have it or sorry I dont

Does anything ever actually SELL on Gunbroker.com?

I rarely go there. Seems all I've seen over 8 years are high prices and auctions with NO bids.

Gouger's paradise, I say.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: selfbowhunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i found 6 pounds locally yesterday for $22 a pound. felt like i got screwed. i hope varget does better with scenars, bergers, or the new sierras than it did with the 155 a-max. </div></div>

What rifle and loads did you use with the 155 A-Max? PM me I've got some decent loads at near max and max published loads with Varget and no pressure signs and decent SD's.

I put in an order to Powder Valley about 6 weeks ago for a boatload of varget and H4350. 48lbs of varget is on it's way to me now at approx. $17/lb with the hazmat fee and shipping. My advice is get on their back order. I also just bought 25lbs of RL25 that they had in stock.

Just in case anyones looking, Bruno's has 1 lb of Varget now available. $24 per pound i believe. No 8 pounders though unfortunately.

I just picked up two 8# jugs from Powder Valley that I ordered last month for 135 each.

I traded a 8# jug for a 50' motoryacht this week. stuff is getting up there

Seriously if your looking for it call Scheels there a sporting goods store around the midwest. they will order it and get it in 4 to 12 weeks?
Bill

I have 16 lbs in the cave, and the other day I went to a local gunshop for a detent pin and noticed a 1 lb jug of Varget on his shelf at old price and bought it. He also had 3 box of Win 380, so I bought those too.

So, I am up to 17 lbs Varget, that should last me a long time. Hope that will last until the crunch is over.