• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What is your favorite ballistic app?

Honestly I go back and forth but usually use:
Trasol
Hornady 4DOF
Applied Ballistics
BallisticsARC
StrelokPro
Ballistic AE

You can get them all to work but the top ones require less trying than the ones lower on the list. Everybody has their own tastes and opinions on ease of use.

i use ballistic AE and Trasol about the same.

i have shooter app. but use it rarely

I settled on Strelock pro after trying several.of the lesser known free apps. It works well and is pretty intuitive.

Reactions: RayDBonz
Use weaponized math to dope out your rifle, then true Applied Ballistics with your real world numbers. It's extremely accurate. Read the articles by Marc Taylor. I took the Frank and Marc class and I'm a believer in the weaponized math, it lines up perfectly in my Kestrel with AB once I true it.

Reactions: RG0099
Strelok Pro - $12

Some are as good (maybe), none are better, does everything, even movers.

I've used Strelok, Shooter, Trasol, AB, Ballistic AE, 4DOF, and I'm sure quite a few others. I now use 4DOF almost exclusively, but I wouldn't hesitate to use my old Kestrel 4500 with AB if I had to. The two provide solutions well within 0.1 mils of each other

EDIT: I just saw you said you're looking for one on your iPhone 12. As long as you have good velocity, BC, and other data, they're all going to be fairly close to one another

Last edited:
Reactions: Stoweit