• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What is your favorite classic car, truck or SUV?

BroncoMustang

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 5, 2018
You can probably guess two of mine. I also used to own a '67 Mustang fastback, a '67 Chevy Malibu and a '67 Chevy El Camino. The last one I owned was the Malibu, which was stolen. Loved them all. What old/classic cars do you like and maybe even owned in the past?
I'd like to buy an older Bronco to take the family out 4-wheeling, but gotta save my money first. I can dream, though.

63 Galaxy 500 with the 428 interceptor motor. Perfect black paint with a 4speed rock crusher. No power steering or AC... just an alternator and glass packs....
Awesome car; I almost bought one with a smaller engine when I was younger. It was basically a "street legal" race car. If you still have it, it has to be worth a lot of money. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Bender
Awesome car; I almost bought one with a smaller engine when I was younger. It was basically a "street legal" race car. If you still have it, it has to be worth a lot of money. Thanks for sharing.
Nah, I wish, I worked for a family that owned an FBO, they had a hanger full of old cars. They had that galaxy 500. It was my favorite out of the many others.

I take it back...67, not 63....

Just like this one.

A40A21F3-3FF2-4288-8D57-BA31ABE27C5E.jpeg

I also wanted to buy a 1961 Chevy Impala bubbletop or station wagon, but they were too expensive.

My dream car is a lowrider made from a 1964 Impala SS.
Those are nice, too. Our young son found one a few miles away and we were going to buy it at his stated price of $5,000 and then his wife (rudely, ha ha) said she was the real owner and wanted $12,000 for it. It was Not an SS, though, but was in fairly nice shape. We've tried a few times to arrange to see it but can never reach them by phone or find them at home when we drive by.

1970 Dodge Challenger, 426 Hemi 4 speed.
1970 Dodge Challenger, 340 6 pack, 4 speed.
1969-1/2 Chevy Camaro, 302, 4 speed special edition.
1966 Chevrolet Corvette, 427, 4 speed.
1966 Shelby Cobra 427, 4 speed.

Formerly owned the 1st 4...... wish I had them back. Really like driving Clark Kennedy's Shelby copy around those West Virginia roads...

Now, it's a Toyota Corolla at 38mpg. My, my, how far I have fallen......

Truck would be:
1991 Government Contract Chevy Suburban, extra heavy duty 2500 4wd. Sitting outside now....

Smaller toy
Kaiser Willys 1951 cj5... or 52 or 53, had one each, would really like to have those flathead 4 cylinders back in the barn now.
The Willys 1965 with the hurricane 4 was another one I wish I'd kept, but, didn't, still rather have a 51.
The 1981 AMC cj5 with the Chevy 4 cylinder just isn't the same..... that jeep has been a money pit.

Reactions: BroncoMustang
My dad is a classic car nut and it has more or less rubbed off on me. I guess one day his current collection will be mine.

He has a 1969 Dodge Charger R/T with only 70k original miles on it. Everything is original except the paint. He has a 1955 Ford F100, a 1958 Chevy Biscayne, a 1927 Dodge Streetrod, a 1955 Chevy 2 door (original drivetrain and interior) that has factory power seat and factory power windows (I kid you not). And he has a 2003 Viper (looks a little odd next to the rest of the cars). He’s had two different 1969 Camaros, but he got rid of them a long time ago. He’s always wanted a Superbird or a Charger Daytona and it is my goal in life to one day buy him one.

For aesthetics reasons, I’ve always preferred Mopars for the most part over GM or Ford (just a personal taste).....Especially the Cudas and Challengers. The exception are 68 and 69 Camaros and the 67 GTO and 68 Mustang fastback.

'69 Z-28 with Duntov optional cam, factory headers, chambered exhaust, cross-ram 2x4 carbs, 4 wheel discs
'70 Hemi Cuda
'70 Ferrari 365 GT BB
'70 Dodge Super Bee 426 Hemi (although the 440 6-pack was cool too)
'65 Vette w/ 327/375 HP fuel injected motor

Need to mop up drool now.

Reactions: BroncoMustang
Current stable, all drivers
Brides 55 Bel-aire post, 383,200-4R
56 sedan delivery,468,tko600,narrowed 9"
66 Nova hdtp, 350,5spd. narrowed 8.8Exploder rear, 4w discs
65 Biscayne post, 454,4spd.
Waiting in the wings
34 Plymouth coupe, 5.7 hemi
54 Stude hdtp. "Loewy" coupe
53 Stude post. Loewy
57 210 Hdtp, Put in the barn when I left for RVN the first time. (May 68)

As far as classics this is it for me:
maxresdefault.jpg

Have one sitting in the garage right now, like rome it isn't going to built in a day
btw mine isn't anywhere near this finished yet.

R
Suit ride. Can't wait to see the finished pictures of yours down the road.