• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

What kind of barrel is this Remington 700?

Doctawho

Private
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2012
San Francisco Bay Area
Is this a heavy barreled Rem 700 .308?

Also was wondering if Remington 700s were made better back in 1997~ or so? I have an offer for one and not sure if those years were better.

Sorry these are the only pictures that have angles of the barrel.

700-2.jpg

DSCF1408.jpg

DSCF1410-1.jpg

Re: Remington 700 heavy barrel

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OutlawTen5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rem 700 VS </div></div>

What makes you think its a VS model?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Doctawho</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OutlawTen5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rem 700 VS </div></div>

What makes you think its a VS model?</div></div>

"VS" stands for "Very Special". Because it's more special than the regular special model.

Yup looks like a 700VS from the 90's. My present .308 started back in 93' as a 700VS. The barrel profile and spiderweb HS stock give it that VS look. Do a search for Remington 700 VS and you will see pics.

VS stands for Varmint Synthetic. Don't listen to Uncle Benji LOL
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yup looks like a 700VS from the 90's. My present .308 started back in 93' as a 700VS. The barrel profile and spiderweb HS stock give it that VS look. Do a search for Remington 700 VS and you will see pics.

VS stands for Varmint Synthetic. Don't listen to Uncle Benji LOL
wink.gif
</div></div>

Sounds good! Is the stock good enough to keep? I'm a novice and just starting out in long range shooting.

Yeah, that is a fine stock. Should be a full length aluminum bedding block in there.

I would go for it. SHoot the crap out of it and start building something for the future on piece at a time! It will take you a while......