• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What kind of "clips" does this pistol use?

Jefe's Dope

Red Forman
Minuteman
  • Dec 20, 2017
    WTF is this abomination?

Get a text from the wife today.

Wife: "if you have any extra clips for these he would like to buy them from you. You met him at my b-day party he is a regular customer of redacted. His name is redacted."

8A15CBC3-62B4-4A5D-9B03-D62A630A8E31.jpeg

80245CBA-B5EC-4315-8E07-22D49E755982.jpeg

My response: It’s magazine, not “clips” and no, I don’t. And I don’t even know what that is. Lol. It looks like a Browning clone. But who knows.

Wife: It’s a 9mm

Me: That’s the caliber. Not the model of pistol. That same model pistol can, and likely does, come in several calibers like 9mm Parabelum, .40 auto, .380 auto or even another similar but not the same 9mm Makarov.

Wife: Ok he asked if you had any he list the mag for it

Me: Each model generally takes its own magazine and is not universal

Wife: He’s said it was a 9mm

Me: I can see it’s 9mm Parabellum. It’s etched on the side.

Wife: Ok should I send him to mile high

Me: No. It’s an odd model. It “might” take a Browning Hi Power magazine. He needs to go to someone who specializes is specialized guns. Maybe a
    Start on the internet and figure out what it is exactly and what magazines will work with it.

Wife: k

Me: Then find a gun store that kniws about oddball shit. Most gun stores don’t do that. He might find a guy working the counter who may know. But most don’t know shit to begin with. It’s embarrassing actually

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
    One of those guns I always wanted because when I was little I had sticker gun clones of it. Though they may have been better made than that one.

Same reason I will someday own a matched pair of red and blue 1911's.

Last edited:
    That is a Helwan brigadier....an Egyptian copy of the beretta 1951

The clipazines should be the same...still easy enough to find
    Ah yeah, sort of says Helwan and Egypt on the slide. Wild that you know what mag it might take. Arcane knowledge for sure.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
    One of those guns I always wanted because when I was little I had sticker gun clones of it. Though they may have been better made than that one.

Same reasonI will someday own a matched pair of red and blue 1911's.

Here ya go: https://cabotguns.com/the-left-and-the-right/

and: https://cabotguns.com/oak-collection/fjg/

…they’ll actually custom build a mirror image matched pair for you; pretty sure I saw them do a red and blue set before. You can also order a “Southpaw” and a standard 1911 and have them built to match.

Arguing on the internet over whether it's clips or magazines is like running in the the Special Olympics.

gNtd8zE.jpg

zziceAY.jpg

Where did you get a picture of a 522 viper magazine? I bought one of those when I was like 17, arguably the worst thing remington ever manufactured. With those mags being half the problem.
    Arguing on the internet over whether it's clips or magazines is like running in the the Special Olympics.

gNtd8zE.jpg

zziceAY.jpg

Reactions: tsavo303
    Where did you get a picture of a 522 viper magazine? I bought one of those when I was like 17, arguably the worst thing remington ever manufactured. With those mags being half the problem.
    Just a Google search.

A friend of mine had a Viper for many years. Mainly because he couldn't sell it. He still gets shit about buying one.

Reactions: Partsunavailable