• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear What kind of marker for ballistic tape?

smokinbobf4

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2018
I got a set of ballistic tapes from idts and just curious as to what you are finding is the best type of marker to use with it. How well it stays on and what you use to take it off? Just a regular sharpie with some alcohol wipes or spray? Looking for the most convenient for matches. Thanks. I tried searching on here as my guess is it has been discussed but couldn’t find much.

Fine point permanent sharpies, diff colors.

Small bottle of Alcohol heavy gel hand sanitizer and a rag to wipe marks off with.

Wet erase will smear if you touch it with sweaty hands when dialing.

Reactions: smokinbobf4
Fine point permanent sharpies, diff colors.

Small bottle of Alcohol heavy gel hand sanitizer and a rag to wipe marks off with.

Wet erase will smear if you touch it with sweaty hands when dialing.
Perfect! Thanks! The gel would be a lot nicer to have than a liquid. Exactly what I was looking for!

I use a set of very fine tip wet-erase markers, but haven't had to manage that in the wet or with the sweat. Ultra fine tip Sharpies are easier to find, and would be more reliable, just gotta carry the alcohol also.

I'll probably transition to that after I burn through some of these markers.

Reactions: Jgore
How well do they hold up the alcohol permanent marker regimens ?

Dry erase works but you’ll accidently wipe it off if you’re not careful. I use wet erase and I can use my fingers after a stage. Wipes off with a little effort.

Reactions: BurtG
I use a set of very fine tip wet-erase markers, but haven't had to manage that in the wet or with the sweat. Ultra fine tip Sharpies are easier to find, and would be more reliable, just gotta carry the alcohol also.

I'll probably transition to that after I burn through some of these markers.
My eye doctor gave me a small spray bottle of solution. I haven’t tried it yet but I’m hoping it’ll clean it up.

Would be nice to have something that worked without some type of solution and not smear with sweat or rain. One less thing to think about

Reactions: Jgore