• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What kind of rear bag do you use, and what do you fill it with?

pk5333

can't hit the broad side of a barn
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2021
Northeast Ohio, USA
I need a rear bag to start out with. What kind of bag are you using, and what do you use for fill?

1638475053109.png

Okay. I really use this.

For trying to shoot small you can't do much better than a Tab Rear Bag (small). If you're going to shoot PRS, a Gamechanger with gitlite is probably better in the case you mess up on judging bipod height. As well with the GC being able to be used on a barricade in a pinch.

Reactions: pk5333
I swap between my Armageddon Gear squishy, Tab Gear Rear bag, my right sock filled with sand after I’ve lent both of those bags out, and occasionally my heavy fill PSGC.

If you aren’t sure what you like, try what your buddies have or do what most of us do…buy a shit ton of them and see which for you the best and provide the best results. Sell the ones you don’t like or hold onto them for a few years until you realize you have too much stuff. At that point either donate them to a poor or sell em in the UGPX for three times retail. 🍻

For trying to shoot small you can't do much better than a Tab Rear Bag (small). If you're going to shoot PRS, a Gamechanger with gitlite is probably better in the case you mess up on judging bipod height. As well with the GC being able to be used on a barricade in a pinch.
for the Tab bag, you like the light fill or heavy fill?

I run a pint sized game changer with their standard fill. I shoot long range/ elr I find it very versatile, I can flip it any way and use as a squeeze bag for what ever bipod height. I figured if anyone ever brings a prs match to my area it would double nicely. I would like to try out their shmedium also

I am not a PRS shooter but at some point I might be. I have played with a lot of bags and have found that my favorite rear bag is a Precision Underground ELR Mini Bag. My second favorite bag is an Armageddon Gear Pint Sized Gamechanger with heavy fill. The Gamechanger would be my choice if I could only have one because it is more versatile and can be used as a front and a rear bag.

Asking because it’s inexpensive and local, but are the Caldwell Dead shot Bags to be avoided?

We appreciate the love fellas. A lot of mentions of large barricade bags. They can work well, especially with sand…. but it’s a 6-8lb large bag that is basically setting you up to shoot bench rest. That’s 100% fine if that’s what you want to do but if you want to learn to shoot with fundamentals my advice is to get a rear bag.

I’m not saying that guys who use barricade bags in the rear don’t have fundamentals. A lot of them probably do. But as a less experienced shooter it will be difficult to learn proper fundamentals on a bag like that. You’ll tend to bury the stock in it rather than establishing a true NPA.

Our bags can give you the best of both worlds. The fill gives you the feel of a heavy sand bag without using a heavy sand bag. You can bury the stock in it and let it do all the work or you can connect the rifle to your body and work the bag to apply fundamentals. If you do it right our bags will lead you to better fundamentals because of the way they squeeze. You’ll naturally get the stock into your shoulder more to establish a true NPA which is the first step to good form IMO. Use code LetsGoBrandon for 10% off bags!

I've spent far too much money over the last few months looking for a good 1-and-done dedicated rear bag. I don't shoot comps so I don't need those fancy bags for barricades. My first bag was a Tab Gear Rear Bag (Large) and It is a great bag that worked for me for a long time. As I improved my skills and started shooting at different locations, I needed something shorter to get the stock lower. Long story short, I ended up with the Precision Underground ELR Mini for my short bag. Now I switch between the Tab Gear Large rear Bag and the PU ELR Mini depending on the situation. Here is a list of additional bags I have tried over the last few months:

Wiebad Mini Range Cube - Too big for my small hands, it would work better as a front bag on an irregular surface
CrossTac Tac Rear Squeeze Bag (sm & Lg) - I took the fill out of the small and replaced it with airsoft pellets. I'm still evaluating this and it doesn't seem to sink as much as the smaller fill material
Armageddon Gear X-Wing (sm & lg) - The small works ok and is similar to the PU ELR Mini but the ears don't fill and are ineffective in aiding elevation adjustment. The large has the same issue with the ears.

For anyone starting out looking for a rear bag, I would recommend starting with the PU ELR Mini or Tab Gear Small.

T

I use the Armagedon Gear "Schmedium" Squeeze bag.

Std. bean fill for me, BTW

Last edited:
Reactions: YotaEer
Str8laced light fill bag and a leather sand filled bunny ear bag

Another vote for the Precision Underground bag for a dedicated rear bag. I’m in the process of training with the pint sized gamechanger as well just because it’s what I use mostly for matches.

Weibad Mini Fortune cookie, think it’s a mixed fill. I told them to do what they thought was best, it’s pretty heavy.

Has a rubberized material on the bottom so it doesn’t slide on anything.

Weibad Mini Fortune cookie, think it’s a mixed fill. I told them to do what they thought was best, it’s pretty heavy.

Has a rubberized material on the bottom so it doesn’t slide on anything.
While I love Precision Underground for a rear bag, I also love my mini-fortune cookie for slinging over the sill of a box blind. Works wonderfully and it’s small and light enough to go in my pack.

It’s a very good product, IMO

Reactions: akmike47
FYI guys the ELR mini was updated to be a little skinnier. It used to be the exact same as the Rx just shorter and we had someone request it skinnier. It was pretty sweet and he loved it so we stuck with it. If you’d rather have the old version just request it in the notes. Also be sure you know roughly what height you need. Everyone is different and it’s highly dependent on your shooting angle. What works for one person/position may be too short of too tall for another.

Reactions: ma smith
FYI guys the ELR mini was updated to be a little skinnier. It used to be the exact same as the Rx just shorter and we had someone request it skinnier. It was pretty sweet and he loved it so we stuck with it. If you’d rather have the old version just request it in the notes. Also be sure you know roughly what height you need. Everyone is different and it’s highly dependent on your shooting angle. What works for one person/position may be too short of too tall for another.
👆

I have all three
:)

Reactions: Baron23
Any forum discounts for rear bags anywhere?

I'd like to try the PU stuff at some point.

Yo

You use that cat as a rear bag?

Get scratched up much when you squeeze it for a bit of elevation?
That would be bad for Kee Kat’s ears!
😞

Kitty loves sleeping on my shooting bag and loves and usually picks the 3D bag with light fill as his preferred pillow
💪🐈‍⬛

• Haha
Reactions: Baron23
That would be bad for Kee Kat’s ears!
😞

Kitty loves sleeping on my shooting bag and loves and usually picks the 3D bag with light fill as his preferred pillow
💪🐈‍⬛
How the fuck is it supposed to hear pspsps if it's deaf?

Last edited: