• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What kind of spider is this?

Hearing a 300lb man make a new door through a wall in one go, is just as interesting.
If you don't like spiders, think you moved the wrong direction. You're down there in bugsville, USA.

You like those spiky crab shaped black with white spots spiders that live every 25ft in the woods? Cute little critters.

50430.jpeg

i know someone that is headed to the air force and has a spider phobia.

If you don't like spiders, think you moved the wrong direction. You're down there in bugsville, USA.

You like those spiky crab shaped black with white spots spiders that live every 25ft in the woods? Cute little critters.

Oh I'm familiar. I'm gonna fix it so them and writing spiders aint got a pair of trees close enough to weaver betwixt.
I get this feeling every time I drive through my pines:
20210213_145806.jpg

Oh I'm familiar. I'm gonna fix it so them and writing spiders aint got a pair of trees close enough to weaver betwixt.
I get this feeling every time I drive through my pines:
View attachment 7555555
those fucking things down south that weave webs between trees....nothing like getting “gift wrapped” during a night movement and wondering which side of the web the fucker is on...the inside or outside.

I was pressure washing once and was blasting multiple BW spiders out of window jams. My last shorthair was running around me the entire time wanting to play. I just washed down a few when he ran passed and let out a big Yelp. He had massive nerve twitches and his legs were kicking around for about three hours. Gave him a Benadryl and he was fine in the morning. Pretty scary at first though.

• Wow
Reactions: gigamortis
brown recluse!

i lived in an area of wales that was "historically protected" or something, meaning you could not have screens on your windows or doors.
this meant living among all sorts of crawling and flying critters, some you could ignore, and some that were harder to ignore.
hearing a spider land on your pillow at night is sort of interesting.
No it’s not. I got moves that I evidently hold in reserves for just such an occasion. That’s a sound that can wake me from a dead sleep. And there’s no wake up and jump, it’s all one fluid thing.

The worst, by far, is to be in Africa with a mosquito net with holes in it. Everything knows where the holes are. Do not sleep with your head under the hole.

No it’s not. I got moves that I evidently hold in reserves for just such an occasion. That’s a sound that can wake me from a dead sleep. And there’s no wake up and jump, it’s all one fluid thing.

The worst, by far, is to be in Africa with a mosquito net with holes in it. Everything knows where the holes are. Do not sleep with your head under the hole.
nice! :ROFLMAO:

it was also interesting to live in a place with zero light pollution, having always lived in the city or suburbs.
having only camped out in mostly decent weather, it was different to live someplace where it was mostly overcast and it actually got dark.

If you live in Louisiana, how is it that the damn spider isnt in a pot on the burner yet????😆😆

All I needed was two more for a meal. But the spider hunting was over for the day. 😄

When I was a Scout Leader, we went to Tennessee for Summer camp one year. We got there and started putting our gear in our tents. One boy hollered out “There’s a spider in my tent!” I went to look at it...a black widow. I killed it and went back to setting up camp. Another boy hollered out he has a spider too. A black widow. I told everyone to get out of their tents now. I did a tent check and found black widows in 7 of 12 tents. I did not sleep well that night. 😄

All I needed was two more for a meal. But the spider hunting was over for the day. 😄

When I was a Scout Leader, we went to Tennessee for Summer camp one year. We got there and started putting our gear in our tents. One boy hollered out “There’s a spider in my tent!” I went to look at it...a black widow. I killed it and went back to setting up camp. Another boy hollered out he has a spider too. A black widow. I told everyone to get out of their tents now. I did a tent check and found black widows in 7 of 12 tents. I did not sleep well that night. 😄

That dude in charge of tent storage...fire his ass.

The first wolf spider I had ever seen, I somehow managed to kill in my pole shed without doing much bodily damage to it. I was astonished at its size, so I put it on some cardboard and headed to the house to show my wife. She was at least 8 and 1/2 months pregnant, so I found her on the porch napping in the couch we were throwing out because the center supports were so shot the whole thing sagged.

I showed her the spider, which she was disgusted by. I decided I wanted pictures of it, so I set it down on our gas grill and pulled out my phone. I was steadying the phone with both hands, and on about picture 3 when the wind blew the cardboard and spider off the grill and onto my wife on the couch. She flailed her arms and legs like that couch was ON FIRE but couldn't go anywhere. She couldn't get out of that couch for like 15 seconds. I couldn't stop laughing, most hilarious thing I've ever seen. Till she got out. Then did I ever catch hell.

Ran a Precision Tune shop about thirty years ago . One day pullin out a manual this big mother fucker jumps out at my effin hand . So I did what any rational adult male would do . Grabbed a lighter and a can of carb cleaner and set the under side of that bench on FIYAAAA MOTHA HM HM . Didn't see him again . For those of you judging me , in my defense I did not have access to a Willie Pete grenade .

Ran a Precision Tune shop about thirty years ago . One day pullin out a manual this big mother fucker jumps out at my effin hand . So I did what any rational adult male would do . Grabbed a lighter and a can of carb cleaner and set the under side of that bench on FIYAAAA MOTHA HM HM . Didn't see him again . For those of you judging me , in my defense I did not have access to a Willie Pete grenade .
SPIDER LIVES MATTER DAMNIT!

That dude in charge of tent storage...fire his ass.

Summer camp tents are set up about a month in advance of summer camp. They’re all the same canvas tents on wood platforms. So the spiders had plenty of time to move in and make themselves at home. 😄
They are somewhat like these. Canvas. Hot as heck during summers in Texas.
Homepage-Heroes-Scout-Tents-1800x1013.jpg

They are somewhat like these. Canvas. Hot as heck during summers in Texas.
View attachment 7558302

Yep, exactly like those. And yes they are, they are hotter than heck in the summer. I think every Scout ranch around the country uses the same crappy canvas tents. 😄