• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

what length Centurion C4 Rail on a Tikka Tac A1?

TurdFerguson

thinking sucks
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2014
Burgerworld
Ordered one of these standard AR barrel nut mounts from from Midwest Gun works (look at the link) for the Tikka Tac A1's. If my math and scale was right I will be going from 1.6 oz with the factory set up to 1.1 oz (plus or minus some change) with the CMR Mlock in a 12 inch. Rifle is currently the 20 inch barreled LE version. Are their better options than the CMR that uses the standard barrel. Limited to float handguards that use an AR barrel nut....

I have the Fortis Rev II on a couple of Adams piston guns that I've been pleased with.

There's also the Troy Alpha rails, but I don't know if the way those attach is terribly conducive to a precision rifle.

I purchased a BCM upper with a 12" C4 rail (the older quad style, not the mlok) in the spring of 2014. I still have it, and it's been rock solid for the past 7 years.

If the newer mlok c4 rails are anything like the one I have, I suspect you'll be pleased. It'll be plenty solid for supporting a bipod, tripod mount, etc. on a Tac-A1