• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What LRF and electronics play nice together?

2aBaC̶a̶

Humans are amusing
Minuteman
Jan 27, 2019
I Da ho
Looking at upping my electronics game this year in sort of a build a solution package. First is a Kestrel, then LRF, possibly in a binos, and lastly a garmin AB watch or 701.
Between those what LRF optic plays nice together? Can they all be connected and work together seamless or is it a constant battle?

Lrf up to about 2k yards accurately.

Not the real expensive shit.

I recently picked up a Sig Kilo 5K that I pair with a Tactix Delta w/AB. Sold my Kestrel since it became redundant with the Delta, I added the Tempe so all I’m down is the wind meter. I wrote an initial review of the 5K a few weeks ago. So far, the 5K looks like a good performer for the money.

Reactions: 2aBaC̶a̶
I like the Kilo 3k binos, paired with Garmin's 701 and Tempe sensor. No experience with their more traditional watch type form factors. For me, having my spotting optic and lrf as one device is the bees knees, and being able to have my ballistic solution pop up in my binos as I'm spotting is a big bonus. I'm biased, since I don't use a wind meter, as it's all sort of a guess in my AO anyway, but if you wanted a wind meter, I'd get one of the basic Kestrels just to give a basic idea of conditions, and bracket your wind based on that.

Edited to add that what I've got plays together great. Turn em both on and they automatically pair. There were a few growing pains getting them both on the same page with latest firmware initially, but after that, it's been smooth sailing.

Reactions: 2aBaC̶a̶