• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What m40 stock in shooter 2007 movie

Tikkaguy

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 16, 2020
IMG_0541.png
IMG_0543.png
IMG_0545.jpg

Anyone have any idea what stock they used in this movie? Think they were going for a m40a3. But the cheek piece is more like a a3-5 stocks but I’ve never seen a McMillan cheek with a spin dial adjustment ? Thanks

Mcmillan used to offer a thumbwheel adjustable cheek piece years ago. I don't remember seeing it offered anymore, but it might still be there if you were to check. The older adjustable thumb wheels and saddles on Mcmillans were pretty notorious for coming loose after a couple dozen shots. I still fight with mine on one of my FN SPRs.

That looks like the A2 stock. It should have been the A4, but Hollywood...yet they got the optic correct for a 1999 - 2003ish (I'm not an expert) M40A3. There's too much "belly" to that forend to be an A3.

Yep that’s an A2 with thumbwheel cheek piece. You can still get that from McMillan but it’s not M40 correct. Early MK13’s used A2’s though but that’s not even close to a MK13 either.

Reactions: Tikkaguy
Yep that’s an A2 with thumbwheel cheek piece. You can still get that from McMillan but it’s not M40 correct. Early MK13’s used A2’s though but that’s not even close to a MK13 either.
Always just though that gun was sexy as hell. Might try and build something similar. Not going to do the scope tho. Too rich for my blood.