• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

What mcmillan

Centermass

Private
Minuteman
Apr 27, 2003
In the belly of the beast
Don't post much, mostly just try and learn....

Couple questions....
I did a quick scan but can't find the answers, I have a Remington 700p in .300 wm. long action, detach mag. I'd like to put it in a mcmillan a3.
Should I send the action out? Have it professionally done?
This rifle won't be saving any lives anytime soon, I think, but I'd still like it to be close to perfect.

Thanks in advance.

Re: What mcmillan

you will want to send it to someone to have bedded. If you are going that route I would recommend picking up one of the aftermarket DBM (surgeon, APA, R&D, Badger) to go along with it

Re: What mcmillan

If you aren't comfortable doing a bedding yourself, send it out. Thats really the only tricky part.

Just give McMillan a call, tell them what you've got and what you want. In about 4 months a long box will show up at your door.

Do you have the factory DBM with the notches cut in the side of the stock? I ask since if you've ever consider upgrading to AICS magazines this would be the perfect time to do so.