• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What media can be used in a Vibrating case cleaner

Broken_Reticle

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 25, 2011
Philadelphia Tn
I have some black diamond blast media I picked up for my blasting kit for when I weld.

Would this eat my RCBS vibrating case cleaner?

What about using ss media in a vibrating case cleaner?

I have been looking at the ss media thread I might have to go track down my old rock thumbling kit.

Thanks
Broken

Re: What media can be used in a Vibrating case cleaner

SS needs the rotating turning action to make it work, IDK about your BDM

Weight is going to be a concern in the vibratory. Heavy weight= dead tumbler.
The SS does work wonders in the proper tumbler.

Vibrating type tumblers work well with Corn Cob and Walnut medias. You can add a little car polish, just as NuFinish, and the brass comes out pretty clean on the outside.

Jerry

Dry Black Diamond grit is an abrasive pressure blasting media, it would play hell on your cases in a viberator; use the right stuff. Cob or nut, it really doesn't matter.

SS is a wet process media, rotary tumbler stuff. And, other than image, there's no benefit in getting cases cleaned internally down to the base metal anyway.

Cool. Thanks for the info. I shoot on my farm. So people grab brass right away and I find others a couple weeks later with tarnish and such.

I am using cob in it right now. I was wanting to add a little something to it to help with the heavy tarnish on some of these cases. I would like to reload them for my fal as fun loads. Not for high accuracy long distance stuff.

I guess off to the auto parts store to see if the car wax helps with the tarnish.

"I guess off to the auto parts store to see if the car wax helps with the tarnish."

Don't. Go to your kitchen and get some vinegar instead. Soak the tarnished cases in it until the tarnish turns pinkish, may take an hour or so. Flush and dry. Normal tumbling will then make it look like new.