• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

what model 700 is best for me

Roasted Turkey

Private
Minuteman
May 18, 2010
Nebraska
Hey guys im pretty new around here and this is probably a bad question for the forums but here it is. Im not quite 18 yet and when i do turn 18 i want to buy a remington 700. The question is what model of it should i buy? I was looking at the sps tactical and thought it was a good package but what made me think about it was the target tactical package. Huge difference in price made me wonder what the real differences were. Is it the stock and longer barrel? thanks guys

Re: what model 700 is best for me

I wouldn't factor the stocks into the quality of the 700s, as they all kinda suck and are usually the first thing to be replaced.

My new Remington SPS Tactical in .308win is holding half inch or less groups, it's all stock except for the paint. I picked it up for 579.00 at Sportsmans Warehouse. So is it an end all be all no, but it's a great starting point. Even though the stock is kinda shity it's still a great gun. I have to wait for awhile before it get's either a MCree or McMillian A5. You don't have to wait to get one though just have your dad, or mom buy it for you as a gift.

well im still goin with the sps tactical but why is the price so much different i mean what does the target tactical have the sps tactical doesnt

ha ya i would do that but i wore out my welcome of that pretty quick i already have 6 guns (3 shot guns and 3 rifles) so iv been told im on my own and i could get it in other ways but i really dont mind waiting its probably better that way i have time to think

i'd go with a sps tactical and put a Bell & Carlson stock or a H-S precision stock on it, mostly because you can get a decent setup for a reasonable price. The remington 700 5r is also pretty solid with a better barrel and it comes with a better stock which i think has an aluminum beding block in it... its about 1,000bucks but the other remys cost almost that much after you put a new stock on them.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dick G.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey guys im pretty new around here and this is probably a bad question for the forums but here it is. Im not quite 18 yet and when i do turn 18 i want to buy a remington 700. The question is what model of it should i buy? I was looking at the sps tactical and thought it was a good package but what made me think about it was the target tactical package. Huge difference in price made me wonder what the real differences were. Is it the stock and longer barrel? thanks guys </div></div>

VLS is the most for the least. Tweak trigger,bed and do as you please downrange.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FreshKills</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dick G.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey guys im pretty new around here and this is probably a bad question for the forums but here it is. Im not quite 18 yet and when i do turn 18 i want to buy a remington 700. The question is what model of it should i buy? I was looking at the sps tactical and thought it was a good package but what made me think about it was the target tactical package. Huge difference in price made me wonder what the real differences were. Is it the stock and longer barrel? thanks guys </div></div>

and a 40 dollar rebate from remington right now.
VLS is the most for the least. Tweak trigger,bed and do as you please downrange. </div></div>

iv also heard alot about the 5r and ltd barrels but at remingtons website they only offer the target tactical rifle with the 5r barrel so how could i get one on a reasonably priced 700