• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors What model S&W is this?

smgrendel

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Nov 1, 2008
WY
What model is this? And what would it be worth if i was to sell it? Its a .357 but i cant find a model number on it and ive searched the internet for a hour now.
Thanks,
Shawn.
21dip7r.jpg

14dgk7r.jpg

346xj0n.jpg

Re: What model S&W is this?

Looks like a 66 minus the red ramp front sight. If you open the cylinder, is there a model number on the frame under the crane?

Yep it was there, MOD 19-3.

Thank you very much!
Shawn.

Must be nickle finish if its a 19. I would say $425-475 range.

Why would you want to sell it? I love S&W revolvers, although the full lug style is my fav.

Blast the nickel off and have it parkerized, you'll fall in love with it all over again.
IMG_3801.jpg

Have seen $350 to $450... all depending on who has the cash and how long you are willing to wait.

This gun was built during the time S&W used pinned barrels and recessed chambers in the cylinder. It also has the thru hardened hammer and trigger. Most likely the action is as smooth as glass. Sometimes they get a little out of time, especially if they it had a real steady diet of magnums.
Keep it! These haven't been made in several years. They, at one time, would bring up to $750 with box and papers. With a sucky economy the numbers above are about right.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Blast the nickel off and have it parkerized, you'll fall in love with it all over again.
IMG_3801.jpg
</div></div>

Damn Phylodog, that looks magnifico! The markings are all very clear.

I picked one up for $200.00 a few years ago. Shoots great! Who does that sort of work and what kind of money would it cost?

Damn, I thought I was the only one that bead blasted my Smiths. I have a 3" model 10 and a 6" model 586 that I had this done to. Its normally just a bit more than a new reblueinig job IIRC.

Nickel plating will bring a premium if you sell. Leave it alone IMHO.

Good luck

Jerry

Appears the latch may have been replaced with a later style, grips are not original. Such things can be changed or left alone as you see fit. Good revolver.