• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes What mount did you use on your 34mm glass?

280nosler

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 30, 2011
North Carolina
I have some glass incoming with a 34mm main tube. I didn't think finding rings or a unimount would be such a pain, but it has been. I didn't want anything over 1.2 inches off the rail, and that seemingly limits me down to just a few items. So, what did you use. The objective lens is 50mm or 59.5 outside, so even a .823 will clear. I have experience with Spuhr mounts and it was first to come to my mind, but at $410, I was hoping to find more value.

Give me some ideas!

Thanks in advance.

What are you putting it on? AR, bolt gun, etc. I use an ADM Recon on my AR's as the price is right.

I've used Barrett rings (on a Barrett) and Badger without issue, but now am stuck on the Spuhr mounts. Badger has a set of 34mm rings at 1.0" high...

Bobro QD. I'll admit I have no use for the QD, just merely like the looks, quality and supportint local business.
Kelbys rings, rounded and sandblasted.

"Near" out of Alberta Canada.. ships south regularily and in short order (fast as overnight if you want it) I have his alphamount on one of mine, if I recall correct it was in the $325-375 range, don't remember off-hand. His stuff is highest quality, supplies RCMP and militaries with select product. Definitely in the category among spuhr & competition... top shelf stuff without a doubt

Google it, see what you see. He's a damn good guy to deal with.

I'm using Warne Low 34mm rings on an EGW picatinny base on my 700. Maybe not as bomb-proof as others but I haven't had any issues with Warnes before, and the price is not bad at all.

Im enjoying the Ken farrel 34mm rings on my ERS . Well made and sit reasonably low

Attachments

• 20140111_162412.jpg
    20140111_162412.jpg
    530.1 KB · Views: 25
I run Murphy Precision Titaniums on mine. You can call him up and get him to cut you any height you want.

Seekins .92" height 34mm rings will work fine. Here they are on a S&B 3-20x50.

photo(3).JPG
photo(13).JPG

Last edited:
I vote Seekins, I also have a few sets of 34mm4/4 .92 and 1" if you're interested ;)

Seekins rings are awesome - they are reasonably priced, they are reasonably light-weight, they are snag-resistant, and they generally seem to leave minimal or none-existent ring marks.

For one piece-mounts, I have used the following with good results: Nightforce, Spuhr, Badger, and AI. I do not know if any of them would be low enough for your application.

I have had Seekins rings before and while they grab your scope well, they (because of their aluminum design) use much larger screws and block my horizontal adjustment knob. Here is a vertical picture of my last scope (now on a LRP) with Seekins rings. I ultimately ended up replacing them with Badger's which I have a few sets of, but I am by no means a noob in terms of mounts, I have just never had a 34mm main tube scope.

34mm=1.3 inches [1.3/2]+.25=.9 if this is correct then the seekings are .02 taller than the warne. i ordered the warne looking for the lowest i can find. i got the millet lows first they are .49 from the top of the picatiny rail to the bottom of the scope inlet in the ring. that would make them [1.3/2]+.49=1.14. good formula for comparing companies ring heights who measure them diffrently

I use NF, badger, or GDI P-ROM on all my rifles and they have never let me down. Badgers have returned to zero perfectly as well. GDI is pricy but well made. I've used seekins before too before I sold some scopes and they were fine too.

bigmuddy009.jpg

These are the lowest 34MM rings that NEAR makes. Pretty low over the shank of a #7 Bartlein, and 591 Surgeon. This is a 4-16X50 PMII, hiding under a layer of Krylon.

I beleive Seekins 34MM lows are even a bit lower than these.... you can't go wrong either way.

suppressed027.jpg

This is a NEAR Uni-Mount. The erector housing on this 5-25X56, just clears the base plate. The stuff that comes out of that shop is pure art.

I have some glass incoming with a 34mm main tube. I didn't think finding rings or a unimount would be such a pain, but it has been. I didn't want anything over 1.2 inches off the rail, and that seemingly limits me down to just a few items. So, what did you use. The objective lens is 50mm or 59.5 outside, so even a .823 will clear. I have experience with Spuhr mounts and it was first to come to my mind, but at $410, I was hoping to find more value.

Give me some ideas!

Thanks in advance.

Seekins rings are really nice... for rings.

AI makes one piece mounts that sell for under $200, advantage - you can add some cant. They are not as sexy as Spuhr mounts, but they are good quality, they're AI, after all.
Accuracy International Mounts
Mile High are great folks, and SH member get a 5% discount.

spuhr mounts are pure goodness. They offer a bunch of options with respect to built in cant and centerline heights. Muy bueno....
NoveskeSnow3.jpg