• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes What Mount For An Acog Do You Like

nick338

Commander- of what I have no idea
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2013
I'm assuming they are all relatively the same height so in terms of weight (lighter is better), repeatability and strength what do you like for a 4x32 TA01?

Not a big fan of the Trijicon thumbscrew mount so looking to shave some weight with a QD mount.

Seeing a lot of Bobro, Larue and American Defense with a substantial price difference between them and wondering why.

Uh, not Larue? I have one, it's just not the best.

What's wrong with the thumbscrew? They're cheap and they work. On the left side they're out of the way.

I think I have one that has the American Defense and/or one from GG&G I think. I forget, one or the other, maybe both. They all work but the thumbscrew is more reliable.

The QD mounts were a good idea we thought back in the day but don't have much use in practice.

The one Trijicon sells is a Bobro. I have that one and it is a great QD mount.
QD is nice. The thumbscrews tend to get loose. If using the thumbscrews, I recommend using blue Loctite and making some marks to see if they are getting loose.

Reactions: nick338
I've got the LT799 I'd make a deal on. it's a QD mount.

Uh, not Larue? I have one, it's just not the best.

What's wrong with the thumbscrew? They're cheap and they work. On the left side they're out of the way.

I think I have one that has the American Defense and/or one from GG&G I think. I forget, one or the other, maybe both. They all work but the thumbscrew is more reliable.

The QD mounts were a good idea we thought back in the day but don't have much use in practice.

Trying to save as much weight on this rig as possible and I believe the aftermarket mounts are 3-4 oz lighter. I usually run a LPVO and every time I pick up a rifle/carbine with a red dot it handles so much better to me so I'm trying to split the difference.

QD is not that really that important it's just that most of the mounts seem to come that way.

There were a ton of GDI mounts dropped on the market a year or 2 ago for a cheap price. By all reports GDI QD is the most repeatable.

I’ve got both the Bobro and Larue (as well as factory thumbscrew) and of the three I prefer the Bobro.

The bobro is really nice if you have buis.
When you can find the geissele, they are awesome, but no qd.
The arms mounts are nice as well, but pretty outdated.