• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What MPA chassis do I have?

goneballistic

Village Idiot
Minuteman
Jul 17, 2007
Utah
Several months ago I bought a vudoo apparition in an MPA comp chassis. It is a lefty and has the castle cut.

Then I decided a wanted a folding stock and found one on here with a folder. MPA lefty comp chassis painted in kinds of a snakeskin pattern.

After a bit I decided I needed some weight in the front end, so I found some front weights on here and bought them.

I got the weight and tried to install in my folder chassis, they are close but don't fit. Just a little too long.

Tried in my non folding chassis, dropped right in.

These look pretty much the same the only difference is

1: non folding chassis came with a ball in a tube level not a bubble level. It also did not have the detachable cheek rest.

2: folding chassis has a bubble level. It's in the same place as the ball level on the other chassis, but it's a bubble. It also came with the magnetic detachable cheek piece.

I want weight for this folding chassis, and thought I had an MPA ba comp, but not sure now.

Any ideas?

Ok finally got a chance to take some pictures. Got swamped with Christmas and everything in between.

20201226_201400.jpg

20201226_201341-01.jpeg

Weights i bought fit in the black chassis, but not the colored snakeskin one.

I want to use the snakeskin one because it's got a folding hinge but it's rear heavy, so I want weights for it.

20201226_201427.jpg

The weight slots look the same but are just a bit shorter, so the weights I bought won't drop in.

They're close but don't fit.

I thought these were both MPA BA Comp chassis, but maybe one is older?

20201226_201504.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmmm, Not sure.
It might look funny, but you can pull the grips and swap the buttstocks around to use the folder on the black comp?

Hmmmm, Not sure.
It might look funny, but you can pull the grips and swap the buttstocks around to use the folder on the black comp?

actually considered that. It looks like I can just pull the hinge out and put the hinge on the black one. Can of spray paint and it would match up.

But I'm thinking of selling one of them, and if I sell the snakeskin one, it will be helpful to know how to describe it.

I might call MPA after the New Year maybe....

actually considered that. It looks like I can just pull the hinge out and put the hinge on the black one. Can of spray paint and it would match up.

But I'm thinking of selling one of them, and if I sell the snakeskin one, it will be helpful to know how to describe it.

I might call MPA after the New Year maybe....
It's almost that simple, but the folder uses a shorter stock, so you'll have to use that one, unless you like a 15" LOP.
At least you would pick your rifle out easy on the racks!
Also, definitely curious about that one-off you have there--maybe PM your seller on it and get the details?

Reactions: goneballistic
It's almost that simple, but the folder uses a shorter stock, so you'll have to use that one, unless you like a 15" LOP.
At least you would pick your rifle out easy on the racks!
Also, definitely curious about that one-off you have there--maybe PM your seller on it and get the details?
I am 6'5" with a monkey wingspan. 15" lop might be just fine. Lol. Actually out might have started as a non folder, it's pretty long already. That hinge might have been added to a normal model at some point.

I can't remember who I bought it from, it's been several months. I may email mpa and see what they say.

I'm guessing it's either a very early ba comp model, or a mix and match model possibly.

If I can find weights for it I'll probably get it cerakoted sako green and keep it. I love having the folder.

You're right, the stock on the folder is much shorter than the fixed one. I thought it was maybe an add on but looks like came from factory like that. Or the first owner bought the entire rear piece

Yes you have the older generation. The painted snake skin has the 6 screw NV rail which I prefer but this generation, it has a extra metal before the recoil lug opening so the back weight won’t drop in. I have this exact same issue so I “made” my own. (I cut individual weights from lead strips used for duck decoys).

Neither one of mind had the rat cut so they needed cut but one would fit the internal weights and the other didn’t. Both BA comp chassis, just some older gens

They constantly change them. They offer an update machining job on them, to bring into current option range.