• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What music do you secretly enjoy when you’re alone?

akmike47

Rumpleforeskin King of the Poors
Minuteman
  • Feb 23, 2013
    We all got some music we enjoy that no one knows about, what’s yours? I hate pop music, but Adele sings like a damn angel. It’s not something I listen to often, but I’ll leave it playing if it randomly pops up.

Reactions: Rich4
    You are “in the closet” about the music you like?

I’ll put on headphones and sing to the whole floor. Life’s too short.

Alone in the car I like to put on classical music. Reminds me of my childhood. I grew up privileged. I fucked it all up and I’m a poor. But classic music still sounds fancy pushing past my paper cones.

Alone in the car I like to put on classical music. Reminds me of my childhood. I grew up privileged. I fucked it all up and I’m a poor. But classic music still sounds fancy pushing past my paper cones.
    Not in the closet, I just like what I like and ignore everything else. I listen to a lot of different shit, but some types of music just suck on average. I’ve had the same CD in my truck stereo for 5-6 years and listen to it weekly at least lol.

Edit, too much “on average”

Last edited:
    I like metal. I wouldn't say I'm secretive, but maybe more an unusual soft-spot most wouldn't guess that I also listen to the following:

Neil Diamond
    Carpenters
    Disco
    Journey

Yes, classical. I didn't put that on my list of weird stuff I listen to, because I've found many metal fans like myself also love classical, so I don't consider it unusual.

I can’t do quiet. The music drowns out my tinnitus and helps me concentrate. whatever crackheads controlling my brain that never sleeps and is goings 1000mph.
    Ah now I know why Adeles croaking sounds like music to your ears. I can't stand her she sounds like she is gargling. Yes you managed to trigger me lulz. As to what I listen too all of what the above posters posted. Hell I like Tupac there I said it.

• Haha
    Reactions: akmike47
    Ah now I know why Adeles croaking sounds like music to your ears. I can't stand her she sounds like she is gargling. Yes you managed to trigger me lulz. As to what I listen too all of what the above posters posted. Hell I like Tupac there I said it.
    She sounds like a singer from the past is all I guess. I’m not a huge fan, but I don’t hate it. The “sings like an angel” part was a bit of an exaggeration to get this shit going.

You know that in about 30 seconds, @Sean the Nailer is going to show up and hump your leg, right? (Sorry Sean!)

Sirhr
    F94929EE-ABEA-4389-9000-CBF790F3A2C0.gif

What music do you secretly enjoy when you’re alone?​

Nothing, those klnd of movies don't have music anymore.
    I mean music started as random sounds like rhythmic slapping, it’s just gone full circle.

When I'm on the road between home and an away job, I love me some T. Swift. Both country and pop. Doesn't hurt that she's cute, either.

I like metal. I wouldn't say I'm secretive, but maybe more an unusual soft-spot most wouldn't guess that I also listen to the following:

Neil Diamond
    Carpenters
    Disco
    Journey
    Same here, but don't forget Boston. I've never been a country fan, but lately l've been turning it on as a change of pace

Many moons ago I had to get an MRI for a blown disc. The radiology tech asked me what music I'd like to listen to...she was cute, really cute....so I asked her to choose.
    She chose Boston.
    Between the ticks, bangs and drumming of the MRI I imagined her and I, in my happy place.
    I cant hear a Boston song without thinking about her.
    I hadn't been a Boston fan until then.

Reactions: ChezJfrey

This awesomeness!! But many don’t have a liking for 10 minute long killer progressive jazz in weird time signatures with no lyrics.

I know not the most popular in recent politics, but this live version has always been awesome to listen to

This coming from a Disturbed, FFDP, In This Moment, Godsmack type of guy

For those days or nights when I need to be left along to stew:
    Alien Weaponry
    Nytt Land
    Otyken
    The Hu
    Folkvangr
    Heilung

…play any one of those and even my dog looks at me differently.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Docsherm
    Slipknot and Pantera, most days I'm listening to reggae and classic country, so those two would turn some heads for sure!

Reactions: Docsherm
    Ok, I'll admit it....I actually like Bossa Nova...original Bossa Nova done by Brazilians...and Stan Getz.

This is The Girl from Ipanema which we have all probably heard at a wedding or in an elevator....but this is the real deal OG version and bossa nova was cool before the word cool was in the common vernacular.

There actually was a girl and Ipanema is a neighborhood in Rio de Janeiro and this girl...17 at the time...Helô Pinheiro would apparently walk past this bar and cafe frequently going to the beach or other errands. The musical artists (Jobim and others) would would hang at this cafe and drool over her....while she was oblivious to them.

This is her in 2006....I bet in 1962 at 17 she was super hot....in a very cool way! haha Hell, in this pic I think she's still super hot.

150px-Helo_Pinheiro.jpg

The male voice singing in Portuguese is João Gilberto and when they were sitting around his house arranging this song, they pulled in his wife Astrid, who had never before performed as a vocalist (and doesn't have a really strong voice IMO but it worked perfectly for the very laid back bossa nova sound).

This version is a vid of a TV show where apparently Getz got Astrid a singing job....she looks terrified and sort of sounds it too! haha

So here is your daily dose of culture, you filthy animals! LOL