• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What muzzle device for 6.5 creed gas gun?

Ulfhednar15

Private
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2022
PRNJ
Hi guys. I know that this has been asked and answered before, but my question is a little bit different. I'm looking for muzzle brake/ comp for my LMT MWS in 6.5 creedmoor with 20 inch bbl. But because I live in the Garbage State, it has to be permanently attached aka pinned and welded. It also has to be a comp or brake. I see everyone talking about the Area 419 line-up and saying they are great, but I don't think they are NJ compliant. I run a JP Large Format compensator on my 6.5 Grendels and they shoot softer than my 5.56's with either a Battlecomp or Gama. I'm looking for something that reduces recoil a lot and keeps the muzzle down so I can see impacts and follow up shots.

Thanks!

If you’re happy with the performance of the JP, why not just stick with that?

I run an area 419 on my 18” creedmoor, and just put on a brake from MBM on a 6.5 prc bolt gun. It works well for my needs.

https://muzzlebrakesandmore.com/beast-1-piece

imagejpeg_0.jpeg

Reactions: Ulfhednar15
Thanks!
I do like the JP, but was looking to see if there was something out there that I was missing as the JP is an older design.

I just tested a few brakes on my 20" 6.5 gas gun this past weekend. A419 Sidewinder, TMB and the MPA DN3.

As far as straight up recoil reduction the DN3 and TMB were fairly close with the edge probably going to the TMB. However the TMB isn't really worth it on a barrel that short IMO due to extra blast and less effect due to not having full powder burn.

I replaced the sidewinder that's been on my SP10 for the last two years with the MPA DN3 and I'm very happy with it.