• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What? Not a new 30rd shooting contest in the Auto section? Crap, well here's my 1st.

groundhogbuster

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2012
Western NC
I checked in today before going to shoot some of my gas guns, but only looked in the bolt gun section, but I figured there was a new contest going on, and I've never had time before, so I grabbed my RRA/Custom rig and went to shooting, measuring, and taking pics, lol. Well I just got on and loaded pics, and couldn't find on on the auto section. Oh well I'm posting em anyway.
RRA Varmint A/4, Leupy 6.5-20, Scout rail, read monopod and bag. Barrel work by Mr. Jon Noveske (RIP) All are 5 shots @ 100yds. First time gun has been fired since he died. Only 175rds ever down the pipe.

Best group

This averages to a .411" group for 30rds, and I just hope I'll have time to shoot the next time.
BTW these were handloads, using
Black Hills brass
26.1g of H4895
2.250 COAL
CCI SR BR Primers. Thanks for lookin

Holy shitballs, very nice shooting, man.

Sub half-minute! Jon did a great job with that rifle, it looks like.

On a side note, I think Elfster1234 has taken a break from running the shootouts, and maybe Moboost is taking over at some point. I know, I've finally got some time and weather to run it now, but I'll be no where near the groups you're producing : )

Thanks man. The gun shoots like a laser, and I don't even say much about it because most would just have to see it. But there are several that have seen it shoot, and I've had many offers for the gun. When I shot this target my Bro in law shot a 20rd group that measured .625", the target's now hanging in his garage.
After each group I moved the turret to get it dead center and that was the one I drew on the target itself that was a .243"

Last edited:
dude! that's amazing shooting! once again, its hard to beat a rock river for the money!

moboost said he is going to start up the next shootout thread... im just not sure when.

I checked in today before going to shoot some of my gas guns, but only looked in the bolt gun section, but I figured there was a new contest going on, and I've never had time before, so I grabbed my RRA/Custom rig and went to shooting, measuring, and taking pics, lol. Well I just got on and loaded pics, and couldn't find on on the auto section. Oh well I'm posting em anyway.
RRA Varmint A/4, Leupy 6.5-20, Scout rail, read monopod and bag. Barrel work by Mr. Jon Noveske (RIP) All are 5 shots @ 100yds. First time gun has been fired since he died. Only 175rds ever down the pipe.

Best group

This averages to a .411" group for 30rds, and I just hope I'll have time to shoot the next time.
BTW these were handloads, using
Black Hills brass
26.1g of H4895
2.250 COAL
CCI SR BR Primers. Thanks for lookin

Damn, that gun shoots tight!

Last edited:
I'll do one too once i get my noveske bbl put in. Very nice shooting!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

It's an el cheapo Caldwell I picked up from Bass Pro when I was in Pigeon Forge. Got tired of getting one of my kids to watch the brass, lol. It works great though. Thanks for the kind words guys, anyone in or close to Burnsville NC is welcome to come shoot it, and try my new 1600+ (18/1900yds) range. There's no even # yd shots (100,300,500etc.) and the closest is 347ydsand the furthest tgt is 1463yds, but there's plenty more room.