• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What NOT to ask on SH

Captain Kirk

Roberts Tactical Precison
Banned !
How about a sticky for questions <span style="font-weight: bold">too</span> frequently asked, call it the "questions NOT to ask" sticky, with answers or links to said questions

examples;

-Who makes the best rifle?
-How often should I clean my rifle?
-How do you clean your rifle?
-Is this a good deal?
-How much should I sell this for?
-Remington or Winchester?
-S&B or USO?

Kirk R

Re: What NOT to ask on SH

The forum would slowly die and become a webpage with links to read. Don't like it, don't click it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kirk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How about a sticky for questions <span style="font-weight: bold">too</span> frequently asked, call it the "questions NOT to ask" sticky, with answers or links to said questions

examples;

-Who makes the best rifle?
-How often should I clean my rifle?
-How do you clean your rifle?
-Is this a good deal?
-How much should I sell this for?
-Remington or Winchester?
-S&B or USO?

Kirk R </div></div>

i'm not sure this would be a good idea, as it would end up being just pages of links. with that said, can anyone give me info on 6.5 cm vs .260 .....
wink.gif
whistle.gif

only my fourth post, but i've spent alot of time reading and pushing the search button

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sinsir944</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
only my fourth post, but i've spent alot of time reading and pushing the search button</div></div>

I'm with you there. This isn't the first online forum that I've been party too. Like most active forums there is a ton of info available if you stay away from the "Submit" button and use the "search" one, (though I gotta say that while the info can be very good the search function here is pretty weak)

My favorite is "Would one of the real snipers PM me".

Has anyone heard of the counter sniper scopes and if so are they any good?

Blind magazine VS DBM?

I have just started getting into the long range game, I want to shoot 1200+ yards. My local club has a 100Yrd range where I practice with my .17HMR, looking at getting a .338LM for my first trainer/LR rifle. What do you think?

(I THINK YOU ARE RETARDED!)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"what do you think of this group?" </div></div>

Haha! Too soon?

Josh

168 or 175 smk?

what twist for *insert specific barrel length here*

mcmillan vs manners vs aics

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GunGuru727</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I have just started getting into the long range game, I want to shoot 1200+ yards. My local club has a 100Yrd range where I practice with my .17HMR, looking at getting a .338LM for my first trainer/LR rifle. What do you think?

(I THINK YOU ARE RETARDED!)

</div></div>

Freaking awesome! LMAO!

What about spin drift?

(been there, done that
laugh.gif
)

Pros and Cons of going metric

What muzzle <span style="font-weight: bold">break</span>

Remmy vs Savage?

I here Remington has the most aftermarket support but Savages shoot better out of the box? What do you guys think?

Why can't I post my 3 shot groups? Why do I have to follow some stupid forum rules when I have the Freedom of Speech on my side? Doesn't Frank know that this website should exist as a platform from which I express my high opinion of my opinion?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 11B-B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does this <span style="font-weight: bold">WOOKIE</span> suit look good?</div></div>

fixed it for ya.

I am getting pretty good with my crossman .177. I seen on TV where some sniper dude shot a can of stew at over a mile. Should I get a 40x mag scope or a 60x mag scope? I hear Tasco makes them, would one of those be ok?
wink.gif

What is wrong with my rifle?
It's new and I've never fired it but I see that there might be dust or maybe some carbon on the crown.
The bore looks .0001 out of center from the barrel.
Oh and when I work the bolt it makes a dragging metal on metal sound when I pretend to chamber a round, is that normal?
Also, I took it to the range once and now there are tiny smudges of brass on the feed ramp, should I sent it back?
When I look through my ACOG the reticle is blurry, yeah I'm just in my 8x8 kitchen, so what?

How can I forget about this one:

I just bought <span style="text-decoration: underline">(insert equipment)</span> for <span style="text-decoration: underline">(insert dollar amount)</span> is it any good?

I nearly forgot,
My Remington 700 won't group under 2 moa with Wolf poly cased ammo.
This pisses me off because I shoot sub MOA all day long, off hand with my mil-spec CL MPI 1/7 M4.
WTF?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: banks74</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Should I shoot in the rain?</div></div>

That one should be a sticky for sure.

Which stock?

Manners or Bell and Carlsson?
Manners or....
What do you think of this stock?
Which DBM kit?
Which bipod?
Whcich scope?
Which reticle for shooting at xxxx yards?

I just saw the pictures of your wife on the Hot Girlfriends thread--does she have a personal e-mail account?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SofaKing</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where are the pictures? </div></div>

...and how do I post them?

Will someone give me dope on my rifle to 1000yds, its a savage 17hmr with a bsa sweet 17 scope?" Please keep in mind I dont reload so it would have to be with factory ammo.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dudeman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whats the mussel velocity of my custom rifle? </div></div>

I dont know how far your rifle throws a mussel. I presume as fast as you can sling it, catapult style?

medium_I_Photo_single_mussel.jpg

Mussel.

muzzle.jpg

Muzzle
smile.gif