• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What not to do. (Rant)

tmcginnis

Private
Minuteman
Sep 21, 2010
Texas
I work at the local Academy sporting goods at the gun counter.
Everyday, i see something new. Everyday, it reaches a new low. Here are a few things not to do:

1. Do not re-enact your favorite movie scene (Scarface, Rambo, or any dumbass gangsta movie)
2. Yes, it is a gun shop. Yes, the guns have trigger locks and will be unloaded. But for fucks sake, do not point the business end of any gun at anyone, ever. (me especially).
3. Please don’t stereotype yourself by holding the gun sideways and attempting to look down the sights.
4. Just because the shotgun has a pistol grip and a weedeater style handle coming off the pump slide doesn’t make it more effective for home defense.
5. Don’t ask what gun is “Best for killing people”.
6. To add to #2… don’t point the gun at a family member and make shooting noises.
7. Speak English.
8. Yes the AR-15’s are “badass”… I heard you the first time.
9. Oh… you you can shoot .175 MOA at 100 yards with 10 shot groups? I assume you can hit a soup can at a mile, too. Right?
10. Stop asking me if we carry full auto AK47s, M110 shotguns, or Sniper Rifles. This is Academy, not the “Call of Duty” armory.

Please feel free to add to this...

Re: What not to do. (Rant)

While your checklist is worthwhile, should we also supplicate to the infinite gun knowledge and wisdom of the person behind the counter?

I find many to be all knowing! Those would be the ones I seldom do business with!

and the gun stores who have 1911's in the case with magazine in the well, safety off and hammer cocked
laugh.gif

Ah, sir, that 1911 has a magazine in the well, its safety off and the hammer is cocked.

Reply: well, shit, man, what's your problem? It's empty!

Hmm: whatever happened to "all guns are always loaded?" LOL

I was at the gun store the other day, looking at scopes and such, and I walked over and was looking at a few rifles, and this is what I here.

Some teenage kid - "Where are the m16a2s?"

Employee, "We carry AR15s, and they are right here."

Kid- "Are those full auto? Those are sick!"

Employee- "..."

Me- "It isn't legal to have a fully automatic firearm in Michigan, and even if you could, you'd have to fill out a tax form and have a long wait."

Kid- "Oh, can I buy a silencer?"

Me- "You haven't even looked into the steps to get these or the restriction for owning them, have you?"

Kid- "No"

That was all I could take for stupidity that day, so I left.

The worst ones are when the kids are arguing a gun's merits on how well it performs in call of duty when they've never shot it before in real life.

Are Swarovski scopes made by Leupold?
A guy behind the counter at my local shop said they were.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BoltOveride</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the idiots aren't just on the customer side of the counter bud.</div></div>

Sadly... this is more than true.

My post was just in reference to the general population, not really anyone in this crowd, obviously. As you can imagine, i hear some and see some pretty outlandish things.

I've met about 2 dozen Navy Seals, none of them could talk about where they were or what they did but they were navy SEALS....Yep.

10,000 sailors per aircraft carrier here, but 9000 of them are Navy SEALS.

Doh!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've met about 2 dozen Navy Seals, none of them could talk about where they were or what they did but they were navy SEALS....Yep.

10,000 sailors per aircraft carrier here, but 9000 of them are Navy SEALS.

Doh! </div></div>

Well, with such inflated egos they began to float around, so they needed a big carrier to fit them all in, and it makes sense to call it an "aircraft carrier" when it causes them to fly.

Oh.... ive met quite a few black ops snipers and guys who hold military records for shooting. Lubbock seems to be a hotspot for professional shooters and undercover operators.

Don't tell a customer (especially one who knows better) that all 1911s will crack and fail after 1000 rounds - Jensens. Loveland CO

Don't tell me that everything I'm looking at is "what the SEALs use" and was either designed or built by an ex-SEAL. - Jensens. Loveland CO

I am so sick and tired about hearing about the apparently trillion SEALs out there and what they use...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _Shay_ ©</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Me- "It isn't legal to have a fully automatic firearm in Michigan, and even if you could, you'd have to fill out a tax form and have a long wait."

</div></div>

But you can legaly own a full auto in Michigan, but not a supressor.

"I can buy X number of these rifles for what you have in yours"

Fun shooting with those guys.
We shoot at their target together.
I just use the dot in the center!

Excuses sighting in for deer season are great too.
They keep ammo affordable for the rest of us.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: John L</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _Shay_ ©</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

But you can legaly own a full auto in Michigan, but not a supressor. </div></div>

Really? Wow, my mistake then... I was not aware