• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes What optic for Barrett M82a1?

pyplynr

Minuteman
Apr 4, 2010
Oklahoma
I have the chance to get a Barrett m82a1 and I’ve always wanted a 50 cal for no other reason but to have one. I know it’s not going to be a precision rig and it won’t get a lot of rounds through it per year, so I don’t need a super expensive scope but I don’t want junk either. The most I want to spend is $1500/$1750. What say the hide?

a Nightforce NXS would be a good option or a Razor Gen 2 if you want FFP.

ETA bushnell XRS 2 may be worth a look as well.

Had a US Optics ST10 on my 50 for a while and changed to a NXS. Both seem to be fine for what I do with it. Mostly sits around the safe but has a few rounds through it on occasion.

I have/found a NF ATACR 5-25 on here for around $1850ish(that wasn't in the greatest external condition) and mounted it in the badger USMC rings that are for the 50 on my M82. It holds zero and is really dependable on that big gun.

The only time my Barrett gets shot is when I have a big group of guys going with me to the range and there's newbies in the group that want to check it off their bucket list. Surprisingly I have about 150rounds through it in about 2.5 years time.