• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What optic for hk mr762

a1-equipment

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 25, 2007
Salem VA
Final got hk mr762. Trying to figure out what optic to go with. Would like enough magnification to see what the gun is capable of grouping but low enough to do some cqb drills. As stupid as it sounds probably will be my primary home defense/ bear in feed shed rifle.

Have thought about the 2-20 nightforce but if that is big of objective to move around with. The 1-10 vortex looks promising just not sure what else is out there. Wanting to buy once and cry once on this one.

This.
Screen Shot 2022-02-26 at 7.05.52 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-02-26 at 7.06.01 PM.png

Final got hk mr762. Trying to figure out what optic to go with. Would like enough magnification to see what the gun is capable of grouping but low enough to do some cqb drills. As stupid as it sounds probably will be my primary home defense/ bear in feed shed rifle.

Have thought about the 2-20 nightforce but if that is big of objective to move around with. The 1-10 vortex looks promising just not sure what else is out there. Wanting to buy once and cry once on this one.

It's a big rifle to be planning to clear around the outside of your house with, but if that's what you want, probably something that goes down to 1x is what you'll be wanting.
The Vortex is a solid choice, now if you have the money, S&B makes a fantastic one. March also makes a very nice one and then there is the Blaser but that is $$$$

Spend a couple hours on this guy's youtube channel and you'll probably save yourself a lot of headaches and bad choices.

Reactions: Sandhog308
^^ Like this S&B 3-20 only on a bigger HK rig? IF they heard the shot, you missed! It's a lot of gun to be toting about the house.
DSCN2896 copy.JPG

DSCN2904 copy.JPG

IMG_3092a copy.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Sandhog308
Lol, is this a serious suggestion?
Final got hk mr762. Trying to figure out what optic to go with. Would like enough magnification to see what the gun is capable of grouping but low enough to do some cqb drills.
Yes it was a serious suggestion as it shows the optic HK selected for their MR762 package. Their must have been good reasons for the factory selection.

I missed your serious suggestion?

Yes it was a serious suggestion as it shows the optic HK selected for their MR762 package. Their must have been good reasons for the factory selection.

The HK package was specifically designed around being a DMR offering.
A fairly different application than what the op is looking to do.

Also even for the DMR role, I would guess most would probably say nice, but here's the scope we want it supplied with instead.

The HK package was specifically designed around being a DMR offering.
A fairly different application than what the op is looking to do.
Have thought about the 2-20 nightforce but if that is big of objective to move around with. The 1-10 vortex looks promising just not sure what else is out there. W
Then just call me stupid. He is considering a 20X scope, the HK kit is 15X........and the application difference is what for the OP ?.....please help me understand.

Then just call me stupid. He is considering a 20X scope, the HK kit is 15X........and the application difference is what for the OP ?.....please help me understand.

Im not sure of the difference that is being referred to, but the HK package is underwhelming, which is the reason I chose the standard MR762 over the package. Not sure why that particular scope was selected, but most people considering the rifle would agree the quality optic does not match the rifle. It‘s a decent scope, and I’m sure will get the job done, but there are better options. It very well could have been a cost decision for HK. The package is $7K, any better optic could have put it closer to the $10K mark which may have put it over HK’s target price for the consumer market.

In any case, the military selected the 3-20 S&B for their G28 model and newer M110A1, which serves as their DMR role. And that optic seems to go much better with the rifle and role vs the optic bundled with the consumer MR762 package. Also note, the package II included a 3-9 power scope and the newer package III includes the 3-15 scope.

Last edited:
I like the Trijicon VCOG for this application. This rifle is great out to no more than 1000 meters and the 1-8x VCOG is perfect for a SDMR up to that range. The M110A1 has a 1 in 8 twist that is unavailable for the civilian MR, which has either a 1 in 11 or 1 in 12 twist depending on whether it is the LRP or the regular MR762A1. The twist rate combined with the 16.5 inch barrel limit the stability of the higher BC bullets necessary for consistent long range performance at lower density altitudes.

I have Sig tango 1-6 scope on the MR762, this is what I really need ( I do not shoot a lot "target shooting" or over 300 yards long range shooting )
But I will get the Leupold Mark 5HD 3.6-18x44mm Rifle Scope for my MR762 ( Second scope )

tempImagedRiAlx.jpg