• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What powder does Berger use in their Factory Match ammo?

ReaperDriver

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Sep 5, 2009
    Vegas Baby!
    I have a 6CM upper coming from JP in a about a month and was able to score several boxes of the Berger 109 LR Hybrids to use as a benchmark before reloading. Does anyone know what Powder JP uses for their factory 6CM loads?

Same question for their 6.5CM 140 and 144 Factory loads? I'd be interested in trying to use those loads as a good area to start on the load development.

Commercial loaders usually don't reveal what powders they use. At one time, Hornady did use H-4350 for their 6.5 CM loads and showed loading data on their ammo boxes to allow reloaders to duplicate the load. They don't do that anymore.

Many times, commercial loaders use powders not available to us hand loaders.

I suggest you call Berger and ask them, but don't get too disappointed if they don't tell you.

Pardon the thrashed work bench.

Here is my best guess for Berger's powder in the factory 6mm 109 & 6.5 144 loads.

Berger is part of the Nammo group along with Lapua & Vihtavuori
    1627233003283.png

IMG_6363.jpg

Attachments

• 1627232947987.png
      1627232947987.png
      2.3 KB · Views: 52