• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes what power on my millett?

supersnake6

Private
Minuteman
Jun 12, 2010
va
i put a millett lrs 4-16x56 on my savage308.got the scope sighted in, and seems very clear.2 problems are no manual, so i dont know what power to set the scope on to read the mildots and range. 2nd is just a question. my other scopes(different manufatures) have 5dots up, down, and both sides. this scope has 9dots up, 9down, and on each side. are they still 3.6" between dots at 100yrds.

Re: what power on my millett?

Snake,
If you google millet scopes you will get thier website and you can download a manual there. If you rotate the magnifier ring to 10X you should feal and hear a click, thats the intended setting for ranging with that scope like many others.

Re: what power on my millett?

All mildot reticles subtend 3.6"@100yds.
Per millett, the reticule subtends correctly at 10x - hence the detention in the power ring at 10x. However, a review was done on another site that expressed curiosity about the detention at 10x because they found the reticle to be accurate at 16x...
Best bet would be to set a target at 100 yards with marks set 3.6" apart and see at what zoom the reticle is accurate at. If you don't have access to a known accurate 100 yards, measure 10 yards and make marks just under 1-3/32" apart. The marks will span 3 mils at the proper zoom.