• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What primers can you find in your part of the US

bfoosh006

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jun 13, 2007
    PNW
    Just curious. Out here I can get all sorts of Rem.from the local store and CCI ( mostly 450s and SP)from the typical Gunshow.

Re: What primers can you find in your part of the US

From the local retail stores, Win, Fed and CCI. Right now the stores are at the mercy of their supplier and just get what they can give them. Gun shows are anyone's guess. I have seen even Norma primers on occassion.

I have seen CCIs and Remington. Have not seen any Feds yet. Wonder how back log are they?

Locally I can get Rem,Win,Fed,CCI,Wolf.. large rifle CCI only for BMG

Anything but Federal.

i found br2's for $59 a k and some 200's and small pistol. but they are still scarce.

I just took a tour of the sporting/gun stores in Rapid City yesterday. Looks to me pretty much any kind of primer was available. Same with powder.

Might be my imagination but it also seems the prices are coming down.

Looks like to me, the drougt is over, at least in this part of the country.

I am going to wager that we are about to see a major surplus of primers and a nice price drop. Why? Everyone and their uncle has bought enough primers to last them years, if not the rest of their shooting career! That means plenty of stuff sitting on the shelves soon, just like post 94. And, take into consideration that the average shooter uses probably no more than 1000 per year, and you got a huge surplus. Its some of us that use 1,000-2,000 per MONTH that may use up our stash a bit quicker and can take advantage of the coming surplus.

John

There are 3 retailers locally that sell reloading supplies and the only primers available from any of them are CCI and WIN. I haven't seen Fed. for over a year and Rem. is nearly as bad. I only use large rifle and large pistol primers so I have no idea what's available for anything else.

Steve

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mudcat-NC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am going to wager that we are about to see a major surplus of primers and a nice price drop. Why? Everyone and their uncle has bought enough primers to last them years, if not the rest of their shooting career! That means plenty of stuff sitting on the shelves soon, just like post 94. And, take into consideration that the average shooter uses probably no more than 1000 per year, and you got a huge surplus. Its some of us that use 1,000-2,000 per MONTH that may use up our stash a bit quicker and can take advantage of the coming surplus.

John
    </div></div>

1000/year.....

When I am at the range during hunting season I would think some shooters would not go that may in their life.....

Suddenly there are lots of primers avialable in the Chattanooga, TN area. I have recently seen CCI, Winchester, Federal and some Remington. I believe that you could get any size even if you could not get the brand you wanted. I saw Federal Small rifle match primers in two different stores but no Large rifle. There were some small pistol match also. Some CCI BRs, not sure what sizes, some were large rifle.

Looks to me like things are about to get caught up. I'm still waiting to see some Fed match LR on the shelves.

CCI in the area, no Winchester. Ironic since the store I shop at always had Winchester, for several yars, and no CCI when I was looking for CCI.

One store here has all sizes of CCI, FED, REM, Wolf and WIN and the other one had a lot of REM and WIN last night, few CCI's. The store with the huge selection has a damn 500 primer/customer limit!!

TN-MadDog--
    What stores are there in Chattanooga? I get over there for work every now and then and I like to check new places out.

One store here has FED,WIN,REM,CCI AND WOLF in most if not all sizes but thats just real recent. Theres been a 100 primer per person limit for awhile now. The FED's are off and on but I see it more now then just a month or so ago. It was really slim here for awhile this goes for powders as well.

Also this is on my Island of Oahu not sure about the other islands and how they are doing with reloading components I heard it was really bad.

Kinda interesting that CCI is mentioned "first".. I've seen that in the PNW. Remington came next.

sooo.. maybe Fed. next...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wfjames22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

TN-MadDog--
    What stores are there in Chattanooga? I get over there for work every now and then and I like to check new places out. </div></div>

The only place in town that I could recommend is the Sportsman's Warehouse. I don't go to any of the other places in town unless I am in dire need of something. There may be a new shop opening called Shooters Depot but I have not heard when they might be up and running.

If you are driving and have not been there yet I would recommend checking out Hero-Gear in Winchester, TN just off I-24. It is a pretty cool place with good customer service.

Joe