• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What projectile in Prime 308 175?

christopher.dow

I can use measuring things
Minuteman
Apr 28, 2017
San Francisco, CA
Does anyone know what projectile is in the Prime 308 175? I know the 6.5 130s use Norma Golden Targets, so I looked at what Norma’s 30 caliber offerings were, and can’t find a 175 gn offering. Prime lists the BCs as 0.5474 G1/0.2832 G7. I haven’t found any 30 caliber 175 gn bullets with those BCs after checking out offerings Sierra, Nosler, Lapua, and Berger. Hornady doesn’t even have a 175 30 cal in their catalog. I found a bullet database that shows JLK in that range, but JLK no longer offers a 175 on their site.

For my 6.5, I’ve found a load using Berger AR Hybrids that shares zero with Prime 130s,so I have those shipped to where I’m flying if I need more ammo than I can take on a plane. I’d like to do the same with Prime 175s for my 308. Maybe I should switch to FGMM and replicate that, but I really like the way Prime shoots.

Any thread I can pull on to figure this out would be greatly appreciated.