• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes What quality glass has MOA reticles and turrets?

RobertB

Manners Stocks Support Team
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Aug 20, 2009
    Oak Grove, Louisiana
    I know nightfoce and leupold. Tactical scopes off course.I have 4 NF's but a friend needs a scope that doesn't have that price tag but still that combo. I was wondering who here might know and have opinions on different brands. Looking in about the thousand range. Thanks.

Re: What quality glass has MOA reticles and turrets?

US Optics ST-10 can get you MOA reticule and MOA knobs for about $1000 straight from USO.

Used ones are even cheaper or at $1000 used ones can get you options like EREK, Ergo, Illumination, Side zero stop turrets. Of course it is hard to get all of those options for $1000 used but you can get some if you are willing to wait long enough for them to pop up.

I didn't realize USO had anything at that price. How is that compared to like the sn-3 or NF

I have the Nightforce NXS 3.5-15x50 MOA/MOA and a USO ST-10 MOA/MOA with EREK, 44mm Low Profile Ergo, Illumination. Glass is almost the same with the nightforce getting the edge. However, I like my USO more than my nightforce since the reticule on my nightforce is so thin that is it hard to see on real targets (not bright orage circles on white paper). I use both scopes on rifles I have for .22 silhouette shoots that go out to 160yds. It is hard to see the reticule on the nightforce against the black silhouette targets. Also illumination is adjustable but there is only one setting at a time for the nightforce--you should know this since you stated you had 4 nightforces. The USO has an Illumination knob that has 11 settings with a MOA reticule that is thicker and makes more sense than the nightforce MOA reticule--I have the NP-R2 reticule on the nightforce. Also my USO has EREK which can be setup to have "zero stop feature" if setup correctly and is more convenient than my 10MOA per turn turrets on my nightforce. The nightforce is new to me and I am still testing it out. I am going to use it in a local .22 Silhouette tournament this weekend. If it does not do well I may end up selling it or trading it for another USO.

I don't have a SN3 but from what I can tell the only difference is that the SN3 has First Focal Plane variable zoom, larger objective options, and some more reticule choices by default although you could probably get those other reticules for the ST-10 if you call USO.

Hey Rob, Bushnell make their "Tactical" line of scopes that have Target style turrets... check them out

There are low power variables, and i think even a 10x fixed that sell for a decent price... theres also a high power variable that can be had for under $1000

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RobertB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know nightfoce and leupold. Tactical scopes off course.</div></div>

I didn't know that Leupold offers an MOA reticle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RobertB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know nightfoce and leupold. Tactical scopes off course.</div></div>

I didn't know that Leupold offers an MOA reticle.
    </div></div>

I dont think they do. All I ever see is Mildot, TMR and duplex.

The mythical Vortex Viper PST has a MOA/MOA option and hits close to your desired price point.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wareagle700</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    I dont think they do. All I ever see is Mildot, TMR and duplex.</div></div>

I looked through the Leupold 2010 Tactical brochure, and did not see any reticles graduated in MOA.

Tell him to wait for the Viper PST scopes to be released. If he buys something now and the PST scopes turn out to be awesome he will probably regret his purchase, and if they turn out to stink his options will still be the same.

Guy went ahead and got a NF NXS 5.5x22 with the NP-R1. Its was in a shop around here and didn't have to wait. I told him not to skimp on his glass. Buy once and cry once. I hope he is gonna be happy. It is going on a cz .308 varmit type rifle that shoots great. I don't know how far out he can reach though cause he doesn't have bases to put 20MOA or so into. We got to check that out. Tomorrow we will see how it does. This is the guys first good scope so I think he will be happy. And maybe I was wrong about Lupeys with MOA I thought my friend said his mark 4 had it. If they don't I think they sould have it. But thats me. Thanks guys for the help.