• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What RDS pair best with an AR pistol?

blue_ridge

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 17, 2009
Eastern NC
Finding detailed reviews by people who aren’t either shilling for the product or are mindlessly reciting the specs from manufacturer’s website are few and far between. For an AR pistol, there’s a different set of criteria than an AR rifle or a standard handgun. Just curious what works best for people who have already gone down this road.

I’m using a MRO. They get a lot of hate, but it’s really hard to beat for the price.

Reactions: blue_ridge
The c-more is what I like the best for ar pistol set up with only that as my optic. It's a good dot it's big enough to see without being so big it defeats the purpose for me. A lot of it it just personal preference really though. I went through many of them to see which red dot I wanted where. (For on top mount of my scope for prs type rifle, for a lever gun, and for AR pistol). I don't like red dot for ar rifle, I'd rather have an LPVO for ar rifle, but it took some trial and error for me to know that honestly.

For just AR pistol set up that I have which is only for that purpose, the C-more has been ideal for me. Any less view than that and it's not enough site picture for me to get on target quickly, which is my whole purpose of that gun. It also has a very good dot option that I like. Hope that helps, it can be a pain to figure out what will work best for you, which is why I frequented the px to buy and sell a few until I found the right match. I tried a few aimpoint and Eotech as well and they were just bigger than I wanted for that pistol.

If you cheekweld it with a foam sleeve (or brace or whatever) then the criteria is the same as any carbine. If you are gonna hold the pistol out in front of you in free space and shoot it like a conventional PISTOL, then any red dot will work ok because of infinite eye relief characteristics of red dot sights in general. I would always go on the smaller physical size lie a Aimpoint Micro, Comp M5, etc.