• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What rear bag is best?

sniperjhk

Private
Minuteman
Feb 18, 2011
Czech republic
What is the best rear bag?

1.ESC Dynamic gear hybrid bag
2.TRIAD tapered large
3.TRIAD tapered standart
4.ARMAGEDON GEAR X Wing
5.RED TAC GEAR bag

Reactions: Moose
Game Changer
Saracen
SAP Solo
Wiebad Cookie & Pump
Traust Position Bag
Triad also.
Str8 Laced
Bison Tactical Udder

I have and like all above. Ea are super sweet for diff situations. If you havnt bought them yet, you will shortly!! lol...

Best advice is use em at a match and see what you like. I carry at least 3 to ea match...

DT

Last edited:
Also own an STR8 Laced bag which I like a lot.To find what is the best for you, your going to have to try different bags out.

Reactions: D_TROS
Of those listed I guess option 4, the armageddon xwing?

For a pure rear bag I like my triad rear bag. Its just kind of small and limited in other roles.

I dont really like my triad wedgie at all. I use it up front for ARs without bipods when I cant be bothered to pull out the benchrest.

I have been using my pint gamechanger and am slowly liking it more and more as a rear bag.

I have been experimenting with the ultra light bag from Crosstac and it is great so far. I am giong to try an accu shot mono pod.

In my opinion, it kinda depends on what kind of shooting you do.. I shoot and train for matches, so I’ve taught myself to use a GC, cause I can use that bag for pretty much everything during a stage and just carry one bag and my rifle.. It took me awhile to get used to it as a rear bag, but I honestly don’t wanna use anything else (as a rear bag) now.

In my opinion, it kinda depends on what kind of shooting you do.. I shoot and train for matches, so I’ve taught myself to use a GC, cause I can use that bag for pretty much everything during a stage and just carry one bag and my rifle.. It took me awhile to get used to it as a rear bag, but I honestly don’t wanna use anything else (as a rear bag) now.

I feel the same way. I don't carry a specific rear bag, I use the Gamechanger or mini Fortune Cookie for everything. It works well enough and is very versatile.

Reactions: Lionsbreath
Warhorse Commanche is the best rear bag/barricade bag I have found.

Reactions: Habu34
Armageddon gear is pretty good, I like the two bags I got from them . Check them out they have a pretty good web site.

I have a mini Gamechanger and a tactical udder. I find I like the udder for most barricades, fence posts, rails, etc. I use the mini gamechanger as a rear bag and tighter spots that the udder will not fit as a front bag. Haven't tried the commanche, but have been tempted to pick one up as well as the Precision Underground Recon mini.

I use a tube sock with a couple of pounds of rice, spin it around a few times, tie it off, and cut off the excess.........works for me.

I use a tube sock with a couple of pounds of rice, spin it around a few times, tie it off, and cut off the excess.........works for me.
Sock for the win. It’s a rear bag. You sqeeze it. It ain’t complicated. That being said, for prone work Ive settled into one shape. I like the squat soup can type bags like those from Giles, Red Tac, Wilderness Tactical etc. there’s a million good ones and they all act the same.