• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What rifle and optic (if any) are recruits training with in USMC boot camp?

Exactly what phase in boot camp are you referring to....

I know a kid that went in on August 7, he has a stock M4 that they are toting around and drilling with, when he gets to the range in Paris Island ill see what he is qualifying with.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
I think it’s still the M16A4 with RCO. Not sure if they are giving the recruits the M27 and VCOG. Prolly not.

Reactions: GlockandRoll
Shit.

They gave us custom dip painted Accuracy Internationals with a Hensoldt 6x24x72 scope in a custom Badger mount.
We had to roll our own ammo but they gave us full access to Lake City's production line to do so.
It was so tough I still tear up when I think of the horrors.

Well you aren’t supposed to drive nails with them before mounting, or maybe it was just residue from the crayons on the lens. 😘. And I’m just picking, y’all don’t get your panties in a wad. I did work with two different recon platoons in ‘87 over in the Gulf. Good boys, I’d go anywhere with them.

• Haha
Reactions: GlockandRoll
dk1mfdsh54p31.jpg

I'm only a member of the chairborne forces but have been running ACOGs for 20 years (probably had 9 and still own 3) and it seems to me like I could more easily damage the rifle than the optic. :)