• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes What rings and bases

ipscmaster

Private
Minuteman
Mar 21, 2010
North Carolina
Can anyone recomend a good set of rings and bases for a Rem mod 7, since it only has three base mounting screws? I will be putting a 50 mm Leupold 24 x scope on it. 243 AI .
Thanks, ipscmaster

Re: What rings and bases

Are you looking for a 1-piece base or two piece? and is you scope a 30mm or 1" diameter tube?

Get a badger, seekins, or nightforce picatinny base. Not sure on the 1 inch rings, all the scope rings I've bought recently are 30mm. But if you can find 1 inch scope rings with any of the above companys then you should be good to go.

If memory serves correctly,EGW makes a one piece base for your rifle.And it's also in 20moa cant.

As far as rings go depending on your budget.A set of TPS lows would prolly fit the bill.

Is your rifle still in stock config's minus the rechamber?

ipscmaster,

I've got a base for a three hole Model 7 sitting on the shelf that I made a few weeks ago for a customer that changed their mind. Its 304 stainless steel, that has had a black, baked polymer finish applied. I can also supply stainless or titanium rings in 30 or 34mm. You can PM me, or give me a call at 800-553-8527 if you would be interested.

- Cameron

Long range dogr +1

Good call on the TPS rings! My last two scopes were both mounted on TPS bases and rings. The quality is great and the price is right for what you get.

I sure appreciate everyone's input. I put a 40x configuration barrel at 24" in a custom thumbhole stock. This is my first 243. I am an ex Viet nam sniper and have always shot 308 cal. But' I am getting too old for the recoil and decided the 243 AI might fit the bill. Cameron, please tell me more about your rings and bases. I am very interested. Thanks too all, ipscmaster.

ipscmaster,

Here is a link to one of our Remington 700 Black Stainless bases. The Model 7 base is identical, just approx .4" shorter off the rear.

Remington 700 20 MOA base

Here is a link to our rings. I only have pictures of them in the white, but they are also available with a black, baked polymer finish at no additional cost.

30mm Stainless Scope Rings - 0.825" Tall

They are both available in either stainless or titanium, but for the model 7, I only have a black coated, 20 MOA, stainless base on the shelf. Any other configuration would take a day or two to build to spec.

Please PM me or give me a call at 800-553-8527 if you would like any more details, or additional photos.

- Cameron