• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes What rings should I use? LMT MWS + USO SN3 ERGO

9mmkungfu

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 1, 2009
VA
I've been thinking about mounting my USO SN3 to my MWS. It has the EREK knob, 30mm tube, ERGO parallax. What rings/mount do you all recommend? It's currently wearing a Meopta K-dot in a Larue SPR-S (LT158) mount.

I also have a bolt rifle I've been thinking about trying this scope out on. If I could swap them between the two, relatively painlessly, that would be a plus.

Would the LaRue OBR mount be a viable option?

Re: What rings should I use? LMT MWS + USO SN3 ERGO

I guess I'll try the OBR mount and report back.

You can try calling LaRue, you should be able to get an answer from speaking to them about which of their mounts will work.

I'm pretty sure the OBR will work; I was hoping for some other options. I'm not sure how well it will work on the bolt rifle though. Hmm.

Get a Badger 22 MOA rail for the semi auto rail and a set of Seekins rings and then you can swap the scope from the bolt gun to the semi and it will cost less as well. I have a 22 MOA rail on my POF .308 and I swap a 5-25x56 S&B from it to my other bolt guns.

Shit. Already locked in an OBR mount. I suppose this will just be temporary, so I can figure out which optic I like better on which rifle.

Seller can't find his OBR mount, so I'm back to the drawing board. I'd like to get something that's easily removable.

How about the Nightforce Unimount?

Who's got good pricing on the Badger stuff? I see it sold out with a lot of online vendors.

The Unimount will be too high for a bolt gun. That's your problem in that anything that will work on a gas gun won't on a bolt gun as it will be too high. Get a standard set of rings and the Badger 22 MOA rail. I got mine from Triad for like $88.

Here's my S&B 5-25x56 in Badger rings on the Badger 22 MOA rail on my POF. Works very well. I just loosen the nuts and pop it back on my bolt gun and torque it down. Not much easier than that.
P3290524.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 9mmkungfu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seller can't find his OBR mount, so I'm back to the drawing board. I'd like to get something that's easily removable.

How about the Nightforce Unimount?

Who's got good pricing on the Badger stuff? I see it sold out with a lot of online vendors. </div></div>

I believe I payed a tad bit under $300 from Midway for my Badger Rings and base shipped. Maybe even $275 or so.

I picked up some USO low rings here on the Hide. Now I'll look for that base. So the base will stay on the AR-style rifle while the scope is being swapped over to the bolt gun, with the rings still on it.. you're right. That's probably my best bet. I'll give it a shot and update.

Yup, base stays put and the rings and scope come off.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yup, base stays put and the rings and scope come off.</div></div>

Rob,

Could you tell me exactly which Badger 22MOA base you're using? I just checked on Midway and they don't seem to carry it. Or I'm missing it.
smirk.gif

ETA: I found it on EuroOptic's website..

It's the only one they make for the flat top ARs.

AR Riser Rail
AR Riser rail for flat top style rifles, allows the use of shorter rings and also allows greater latitude for scope placement. The rail is made so that a longer scope can be mounted further forward on AR-16/M16 style rifles. Rail has 22 MOA forward cant. Made from 7075 T6 Aluminum and hard coat anodized matte black.
P/N 249-25 Weight 2.9 oz., Length 5 3/8”, Height .430 high

I found it on a few sponsor sites like Triad, but I didn't see it in stock. Low and behold, it's in stock at SWFA. I'll give them a buzz.

I am trying to do the same thing "9mmkungfu" is trying to do. That is...being able to swap optics back-in-forth from an AR to a bolt gun. I believe Rob01 has the right idea.

I have narrowed down the mounts to the following....

1.) Badger AR Riser Rail P/N 249-25 with 22MOA
2.) White Oak Armament Extended Scope Rail Item #4esr in 15 or 20 MOA
3.) Evolution Gun Works AR Extendariser Picatinny Tactical Scope Mount in 20MOA
4.) GG&G GS-1 Optical Mounting Rail only comes with 0MOA

Does anyone have any experience using any of the mounts I mentioned?

My bolt guns all have Badger 20 MOA bases, but why does the AR mount come in 22MOA? Also, what type of screw/bolt are used on the AR mount. Can someone post a pic of the opposite side of the mount?

Thanks.

I ended up thinking about selling my MWS and haven't purchased anything yet.. FWIW.

I like the MWS, but my attention span is short.