• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes What rings to get? Badger Ordnance or Burris Sig Z

Nessal

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 19, 2009
CA
I'm in the market for a new set of rings for my Rem 700 .308 setup and I've been looking into Badger Ordnance rings to match my Badger Ordnance base. But I've been reading great things about the Burris Signature Zee rings with the inserts. I like them because I wouldn't have to lap the rings and they give 100% contact and no ring marks. I know the Badger cost more and price is not a problem at all...this rifle already costed me 4k to build so I'm not skimping here. But I want a good set of rings and either it be $55 dollar for Burris or $160 for Badger, I'll gladly pay either price. Have anyone used both and can comment on this? Many thanks!

Re: What rings to get? Badger Ordnance or Burris Sig Z

both sets of rings are great and will be more than adequate. with that said, i normally would not recommend spending more money than may be necessary, but in your case it sounds like you have a lot of time and money already invested in this set-up and i would hate for you to feel like it was almost perfect rather than exactly what you wanted.

all that said, it sounds like you should get the Badger rings so that you will be the happiest with your rig. just my 2 cents.

IMHO, the Burris Sig Zee rings are great for solving pesky problems like:

Canted or offset receiver holes and you need some windage correction.

Have a 0 moa base and need 10-20 MOA.

Have a 20 MOA base and really need 30 MOA

Have a rifle that no one makes a canted base for.

The Burris Signature Zee Rings will help solve all those problems. But note, the Zee rings are Weaver spec., not Pic. rail spec. They will fit on true Pic. spec. rail bases however, as the Burris slide over the rail, not clamp on it.

If you don't have a problem that needs fix'in, then buy the Badgers or Seekins rings......They are simply better made, and stronger to boot.

Bob

Re: What rings to get? Badger Ordnance or Burris S

Hey everybody. Thanks for all the advice and I really appreciate it! One of the big reasons that I wanted the Burris rings was because they don't ding up the scope. I have had many Leupolds in the past but this is my first time dropping almost $2k on a scope. I just want to take care of it.

From the sound of it, I guess I will get the Badger Ordnance rings and lap them. Thanks for all the help!

1+ badger ordinance and lapped rings. Anyways once you mount, you probably won't be moving scope around to different rifles to avoid shifting sights.

BADGER!!!!

Burris. I'd have them on all my rifles but they don't make them in low. I love'em. I guess if I was mounting a 2k scope maybe i'd need "better" rings. The zee rings have never skipped a beat on my 338 EDGE.

I swear by Burris Signatures, Got em on almost everything. No ring marks for me.
Guns1184.jpg

Guns1108.jpg

Guns1041.jpg

Badger.

Badger

I'd run either Badger or the NightForce rings!!

I use both the Badgers and Nightforce rings.

They are both excellent. The Badgers for heft where weight is not a concern and the Nightforce Ultra Lights made of 7075 T6 Aluminum when I am trying to conserve weight. Badger also makes some light ones, but their selection in the wide rings isn't as complete.

The Burris Signature rings were initially sold under the Posi-Align name and were developed to be a problem solving ring, used to get you more windage or elevation when your scope ran out. People starting using them when they did not have a scope problem and Burris changed their marketing strategy and renamed them Signature (the name reserved for their top shelf products).

As you know the rings use plastic inserts which adds two more pieces to each ring. The less parts involved the better off you will be in regards to strength and repeatability. We use Talley Light Weight mounts on most rifles for this very reason. The Talley Light Weight rings have the bases built onto the bottom of the rings so your entire mount (bases and rings) are only four pieces.

The "not required" additional parts are only one problem. We very frequently snap the crossbolts on Zee rings with minimum force.

To me it’s a no brainer to go with the Badger especially since you already have a Badger base.

Hey guys. Thanks for all the advice. I really appreciate all the information. You all have been extremely helpful! I will settle with the Badger ring like many recommended here. Thanks again.

When you use Badger, you're not settling with them!!

I say go with Badger, not that it has anything to do with the 30mm and 34mm sets I have for sale here
smile.gif