• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes What scope for a m40a1 clone

garrett4

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 30, 2004
oak ridge tn
Hi, I have 1500 give or take $200 to spend on a scope, suggestions on reticle, rings etc much appreciated. Give me your perfect setup. Thanks in advance

Hi, I have 1500 give or take $200 to spend on a scope, suggestions on reticle, rings etc much appreciated. Give me your perfect setup. Thanks in advance

Get a leupold mk4 10x or USO ST10/10S if you can find one with a Mil-based reticle for your scope. The spec base/ring setup for that system require clip slotting of the action, assuming you can find a set.

Do you plan on having that clip slotting done and intend on locating the correct base/rings?

If not, Badger or Nightforce 20 MOA base and standard or low Badger or Nightforce 30mm rings should be fine.

Sounds like it will be a M40A1-inspired build, unless you acquire the spec barrel, stock and have the action clip slotted for the correct base. The MST-100 scope will cost anywhere from 4K on up, based on the few ive seen lately on eBay, gunbroker etc.