• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns What Shotgun Red Dot / Holo

charnicus

👻👻👻
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 29, 2018
Mos Eisley
Taking my Beretta 1301 project off the backburner finally.

Curious what you guys are running on your shotguns as far as e optics go?

Thanks in advance. 🤙

Whatever you pick, look at the Aridus Industries CROM mount. The Rob Haught mod to the rear site leaves the bottom half of the ghost ring and really opens up the optic.

Aimpoint and Aridus all the way….

IMG_8006.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: charnicus
Whatever you pick, look at the Aridus Industries CROM mount. The Rob Haught mod to the rear site leaves the bottom half of the ghost ring and really opens up the optic.
Yeah I thought that was pretty slick. Scalarworks has a cool one for the T2 but it removes the rear sight.

Maybe a stupid question but does optic height over bore matter for anything other than cheekweld? I’m looking at AR stock adapters and could add a cheek riser. A bit interested in a more heads up position but I dunno if that works in the real world. I’m no John Wick.

I could see an EXPS 3-4 being used intelligently.

Maybe a stupid question but does optic height over bore matter for anything other than cheekweld? I’m looking at AR stock adapters and could add a cheek riser. A bit interested in a more heads up position but I dunno if that works in the real world. I’m no John Wick.

I could see an EXPS 3-4 being used intelligently.
most optics have enough adjustment in them that height over bore is pretty much a non issue

i run an xps 2.0 on my shotgun. i don't really think you need the extra dots with a shotgun , the outer ring works well for close in stuff

On my Mossberg 940 Pro Tactical, I am using a direct mount Holosun EPS Carry 6 MOA.

On my Benelli Super Black Eagle II, I am using a Trijicon SRO 2.5 MOA on a Scalarworks SYNC/01 Mount. Also needed to add a Benelli Raised Comb Pad to get a good cheek weld.

I was thinking of doing this setup from Mesa.

IMG_9984.jpeg

With a LMT or B5 stock.

@GoingTheDistance you ever have issues with what looks like a sticky back shell holder?

Okay, so not apples to oranges since that's a semi auto, but years ago I watched a friend of mine shoot a knock down steel match with a pump gun with a collapsible AR stock. When the match was over, he looked like he'd been in a fist fight. His face was swollen and bruised from that thing beating the shit out of him. (sold it soon after)

So if you're building a gun to be small, stashed away and hopefully never really shoot, maybe. If it's something you're actually going to used, I'd look elsewhere.

Okay, so not apples to oranges since that's a semi auto, but years ago I watched a friend of mine shoot a knock down steel match with a pump gun with a collapsible AR stock. When the match was over, he looked like he'd been in a fist fight. His face was swollen and bruised from that thing beating the shit out of him. (sold it soon after)

So if you're building a gun to be small, stashed away and hopefully never really shoot, maybe. If it's something you're actually going to used, I'd look elsewhere.
that's odd

i have an 870 pump with a collapsible stock , lmt sopmod , and i've never had an issue with my face bruised or swollen. now my shoulder socket after an afternoon of slugs is a different story

A few of the ones I have setup on short barrel 12-20-.410 gauges.
Aimpoint, RMR, Sig Romeo Zero, Crimson Trace

DSCN2164a copy 2Benelli 14%22 Entry copy.jpg
IMG_0224Wilson Combat 14%22 Remington 870  ANNOTATED RIGHT SIDE copy 2.JPG
IMG_0499MOSSBERG 590 SHOCKWAVE ROMEO3 MAX RRS TRIPOD POOLSIDE 08.21.21 ANNOTATED copy 2.jpg
IMG_3845 copy 3 Annotated copy 2.jpg

I don’t see how a nice AR stock would be any more brutal than the factory setup. The Beretta shoots shoot anyway.

Of course this was 6-
I don’t see how a nice AR stock would be any more brutal than the factory setup. The Beretta shoots shoot anyway.
I guess it's all about how it's how it's made (not the stock, but how they adapt it to the shotgun, drop, cast etc.). He's not an inexperienced shooter, or inexperienced shotgun shooter, but he got beat up. (a 150-175 round match)

I just put a Williams Gunsight LRS on my Mossberg 500A.
Have not had an opportunity to shoot it yet.
Planning on putting a Fab Defense M4 folding buttstock with the shock absorber on it if they ever get some time to make more.