• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What should I do about a DBM?

Gene Poole

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 24, 2011
Brighton, IL
I've got a nice Atlasworxs DBM for my R700 S/A and I currently have a stock PSS HS Precision stock. I'm torn between chopping up the stock for the Atlasworxs (which takes AI Mags), or just buying an HS Precision DBM that requires no inletting (but only uses HS Precision mags). I plan on getting a better chassis someday and then would like to sell the HS Precision. Would it take away from the value to cut on it for the DBM?

Re: What should I do about a DBM?

I have an idea. Go with the HS Precision DBM for your current PSS. Then, pick up a Manners or McMil stock for a new build and use your Atlas for that! I love spending other peoples money!!

Inletting will run you $60-75. Less than an HS DBM which have a less than impressive reputation and the magazines are expensive. Get the stock inletted and use the Atlas. It will save you money and headaches.

IMO, you'll get less value for the stock selling it w/ the proprietary mag. system vs. selling it w/ a properly installed one that takes any flavor of AI. By that I mean AI, Alpha 1 or 2, C-Products, whatever.

Take the $ from selling the stock and buy new bottom metal ( or Manners mini-chassis) or chassis/tube style stock that already includes it.

the HS setup I think is awesome you can either run a flush mag or a 10 round mag depending on your needs at the time. however for some reason HS sucks at bringing this into actual production for some reason. clear back last summer they decided to redesign their bottom metal. they promised it would be out at the first of the year, now the latest is it will not be out till march. its just bottom metal. so actually getting the product could be a problem.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cummins cowboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the HS setup I think is awesome you can either run a flush mag or a 10 round mag depending on your needs at the time. however for some reason HS sucks at bringing this into actual production for some reason. clear back last summer they decided to redesign their bottom metal. they promised it would be out at the first of the year, now the latest is it will not be out till march. its just bottom metal. so actually getting the product could be a problem. </div></div>

Interesting. So when Midway says it's not due back in stock til Feb. 25, that's because it hasn't actually been made yet?