• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns What sidearm do y'all carry?

2c1fr

Private
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2017
Ok guys I am curious as to what side arm you carry let's say for CCW purpose's? Myself I carry a glock 43.

I have carried a S&W Shield before, but ended up selling it. Nothing wrong with it, I just didn't "fall in love" with it, I guess.

Recently I picked up this HK P30sk, and I really like it. Very similar feel to my VP9 which I love.
p30sks_zps5p9sukug.jpg

It is a little wide. I'm kind of eyeballing a Walther PPS M2 for summer (should've bought one of these instead of the shield, I'd probably still have it), or maybe some form of little .380 pocket pistol.

Reactions: Kisssofdeath
Now a days, usually just a Gen4 G19 or an M&P Shield. Occasionally I'll carry a 1911. Used to carry 1911's religiously and I still love them, but lighter weight 9mm's are the ticket for me now with their higher mag capacities and just being faster and easier too shoot...

Attachments

• photo47417.jpg
    photo47417.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 45
  • photo47418.jpg
    photo47418.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 62
  • photo47419.jpg
    photo47419.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 53
  • photo47420.jpg
    photo47420.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 51
  • photo47421.jpg
    photo47421.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 63
  • photo47422.jpg
    photo47422.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 60
I settled on a Sig 230 in .380 over twenty years ago. It's carried in a Kramer horsehide IWB. My parameters for a choice were absolute reliability, weight and size (comfort), that I could shoot it well and a cartridge that was adequate. As in many things there are compromises. If it doesn't work you'd be better off without. If you don't have it you're not in a gunfight you're just a target. If you can't shoot it effectively you can't miss enough to win. .

One of these, depending on mood/need.

Most of the time its either the glock or the 686

Xy0H9q4.jpg

Light - Smith and Wesson Model 36. Sorry no picture.

Medium...Colt Commander alloy frame.... [IMG2=JSON]{"alt":"photo PC167213_zpse6ttlyej.jpg","data-align":"none","data-size":"full","height":"349","width":"620","src":"http:\/\/i1005.photobucket.com\/albums\/af178\/pmclaine\/PC167213_zpse6ttlyej.jpg"}[/IMG2]

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i1005.photobucket.com\/albums\/af178\/pmclaine\/PC167214_zpswsi9ulnj.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Heavy...Colt Combat Commander....
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i1005.photobucket.com\/albums\/af178\/pmclaine\/PC167211_zpsijsw2jkf.jpg"}[/IMG2]

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i1005.photobucket.com\/albums\/af178\/pmclaine\/PC167212_zpsdbozgt7g.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Last edited:
When it's really going down I have my glock 17 with two 33 round mags taped together and a machete taped to my inner thigh. Handle always pointing up gentlemen... handle up... A little tough to conceal in warm weather but that's the price you pay for being prepared....

or on normal days an m&p shield.

Off duty I carry a Glock 19. Monday through Friday I carry a Glock 23. Used to carry a Glock 27 but was never confident in my abilities with it so I dont carry it anymore. Been trying to sell it ever since.

When it's really going down I have my glock 17 with two 33 round mags taped together and a machete taped to my inner thigh. Handle always pointing up gentlemen... handle up... A little tough to conceal in warm weather but that's the price you pay for being prepared....

You know you can tape three 33s together by having the two outers face up and the middle face down. I shoot the outer left first, quickly admin reload to the outer right, than I perform a combat flip shizzle having the upside middle fall, nothing but net, into the mag well while I hold the pistol inverted to receive it. I use the lanyard loop of my pistol as a ghost ring sight and I can usually do a mozambique drill whille bringing the pistol back to level level.

Try it my operator bro.

I used to carry a EMP 9mm for years. Once I got a gen4 g19 I haven't carried the emp again. I usually either carry the g19 or g26. If I am feeling lazy, I will carry the g42. All in VM2 holsters (freaking love them)

according to Urban Carry Magazine . This is the choice of the Urban CC aficionado .
-
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com\/736x\/65\/8d\/7a\/658d7aecf65e9698fe4f3720991993f0.jpg"}[/IMG2]
-

Reactions: abizdafuzz
according to Urban Carry Magazine . This is the choice of the Urban CC aficionado .
- [IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com\/736x\/65\/8d\/7a\/658d7aecf65e9698fe4f3720991993f0.jpg"}[/IMG2]

-

I dual wield with the front mount version of this.

The center line of the holsters lines up with the gig line of my trouser fly, mag wells outboard for fast access.

No pussy Colonel Cooper Condition 1 for this ranger, Condition 0 all the time because my life is too valuable to risk taking precious time to thumb a safety.

I dual wield with the front mount version of this.

The center line of the holsters lines up with the gig line of my trouser fly, mag wells outboard for fast access.

No pussy Colonel Cooper Condition 1 for this ranger, Condition 0 all the time because my life is too valuable to risk taking precious time to thumb a safety.

I'm so ashamed of you. Dual wield? Seriously? Your horizons are just so damned limited. Bring enough to share!

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/PM9JmoE.jpg?1"}[/IMG2]

Ok guys I am curious as to what side arm you carry let's say for CCW purpose's? Myself I carry a glock 43.

The what depends on where. Local 637 strong 642 weak. Bigger citys, G23 strong,642 weak. Have to ride thru or stop in a bad area, G23 strong 642 weak, 21a ankle, neck knife, boot knife, 2 frags an one W/P just in case I really need to get back to the truck. Should I get there the "HEAT" gunfight will look like 1st grade shit, when the M134D come out. :cool:

Glock 26 or 19, or both, if the shit gets real, I'm gonna deputize some Good Samaritan and flip him the 26,while I chomp down on my cigar and get busy killings commies for mommies.

There are many...most frequent a Shield 40. Downtown or rougher areas, G23. Occasionally a Taurus M85. Looking to get a Rock Island Commander 10mm as I love the round.

Reactions: GONE BAD
Cold weather-Kimber Crimson Carry Pro...not quite stock anymore. Warm weather - Kimber micro 9. I've had a bunch of the plastic pistols but I prefer a 1911..and the micro 9 ergos are the same for all intents and purposes.

So I pull up to the house tonight... the way the house is the driveway swings around and points into the back yard, so I pull up and my headlights flood the back yard and there the son of a bitch is! Caught red handed. I throw it in neutral, crank the E-brake, and jump out with the P30sk and take care of business!

Commie cotton tail bastards keep digging holes under the shed. Uphill battle getting rid of 'em. $583 well spent as far as I'm concerned.

Well, currently it is Glock 23 gen4. But I will rotate the Glock 30s Glock 19, S&W shield, VP9, Sig Scorpian carry, and a Dan Wesson Valor v-bob

Reactions: Wyzrd
LedZep you had me going there for a second I really thought it was going to be a person lol

Glock 26 or 19, or both, if the shit gets real, I'm gonna deputize some Good Samaritan and flip him the 26,while I chomp down on my cigar and get busy killings commies for mommies.

Rassy, I sense antagonistic sarcasm on your part. Are we going to have to corner you this afternoon when it's "Kumbaya and Cookies" time?

i know, i should of pulled back just a bit, but it's all right now.Actually i love the thread, just enough raw curiosity mixed with......us. KUMBAYA BEECHES.

VP9 normally, and a sig 938 when I can't conceal the VP9. Those are the two pistols I train with and shoot 90% of the time. I do have a G19 with a RMR and W German 226, but they are just for play. Which means they barely get shot.

how do you like the mag holder like that? obvoisly you like it some since you carry it but does it get in the way at all or catch on things?

how do you like the mag holder like that? obvoisly you like it some since you carry it but does it get in the way at all or catch on things?

I really like it, rides like a pocket knife. The easiest way i have found to carry an extra mag. A little on the expensive side though...

PPK/S in my pocket, GP-100 in my car. Just got a Glock 43 though that may replace the PPK/S.

Glock 26 or 19, or both, if the shit gets real, I'm gonna deputize some Good Samaritan and flip him the 26,while I chomp down on my cigar and get busy killings commies for mommies.[/QUOTE

Originally posted by Rerun7 View Post

You know you can tape three 33s together by having the two outers face up and the middle face down. I shoot the outer left first, quickly admin reload to the outer right, than I perform a combat flip shizzle having the upside middle fall, nothing but net, into the mag well while I hold the pistol inverted to receive it. I use the lanyard loop of my pistol as a ghost ring sight and I can usually do a mozambique drill whille bringing the pistol back to level level.

Try it my operator bro.

I love this forum hahaha

Last edited:
Sorry to derail, but Night Assassin, what blade is that next to your WC? Love the grinds. Looks like a mix between a wharncliffe, drop point/tanto-esque blade. Sexy and very wicked looking!!!

Wyzrd the blade is a Gavko . A little hard to find, I follow him on Instagram and he will post when things are for sale. It is the smoothest folder I own. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Wyzrd
HK vp9 for me in an alien gear. Been thinking about a Milt Sparks but the 12 to 18 month wait always makes me second guess.

I'm not yet up to speed with concealed carry. Here in AZ, Constitutional carry is common. I have a Ruger American Pistol 9mm Pro in an Outbags OB23SC OWB holster on a UTG nylon belt. Just the basic minimums. I really do like the RAP, though, it shoots great for me. Mine mounts a Crimson Trace Green Laser rail sight.

I am considering the S&W M&P 9mm Shield for IWB concealed carry.

For my intents and purposes, handguns were once a means and an end for me (3-Gun Bullseye), but now I just have them for PDW purposes, and I'm just going to stick with 9mm. When i get my handloading up to speed for 9mm, will be using 147 XTP's and CFE Pistol.

Greg

Last edited:
Kel-tec PF9 Chrome slide, pinky plate installed, carry daily. When I'm out shooting or Adventure riding my motorcycle a glock 22 with a .357 Sig barrel. I have a 9mm barrel for plickin too.

XD .45 4" service in a Bladetech holster . If I have to I carry a Firestar Plus 9mm . I prefer the .45 .

H&K P2000sk winter and fall Rohrbaugh R9 sping and summer
2-23-17 004.jpg