• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What size jag with what patch combo?

Outdoorsman538

Private
Minuteman
May 17, 2022
Louisiana
I’m sure they’re a thread or two out there on this already. I’m wondering what size jag and what type of patches do people use for precision bolt action rifle. I bought a 6mm specific jag and tried to run a single cotton (the good) patches and it want fit. Also what is everyone running as far as cleaners go I’m open to all ideas and suggestions.

There will be a wide range of opinions on this topic. I'm using ProShot 1 3/8" square patches with a 6mm jag. I'm currently using Butch's Bore Shine to get the powder fouling out. Followed by Bore Tech Eliminator to address copper fouling and/or Bore Tech C4 Carbon Remover to stay on top of carbon build up.

Last edited:
Boretech proof positive jags and rods with thier patches for center fire with C4 and Cu2 for center fire. For the .22s I stick with the Boretech rod and C4 but use VFG rifle felts and the necessary adapters.