• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes What size rings?

AeroEngi

Private
Minuteman
Oct 8, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
If anyone on here has any experience with a Leupold Mark 4, 50 mm objective diamter scope, I would like to know what size rings you are using? I'm looking at the Badger rings at "medium-high" height. Would this have sufficient clearance from the barrel? The outer diamter of the objective bell is 58 mm and the chart on MidwayUSA says to use rings with at least 0.3 inch height. The Badgers I'm looking at are supposedly 0.414" high, according to MidwayUSA.

Thanks.

Re: What size rings?

really old picture

fn spr rifle(way bigger bbl than a stock 700p)
mark 4 scope and mark4 low rings

juliosrifle005-1.jpg

Thanks for all the responses guys! If I go medium or potentially to low, would Butler Creek caps fit?

yes they will fit with lows, look @ the gap I still have in that picture

Just FYI, I have never seen Mark 4 low 30mm rings that Lazy21 is referencing above, I think Leupold starts at medium. Their mediums are .84 if I remember correctly and you do want to leave yourself room to put the Butler Creeks on.

I'm not saying lows of some brand won't work, but I'd still go medium if you're talking Badger.

Ok cool...thanks. I'll probably just go with the mediums. I emailed Badger yesterday just to see what their opinion is. I'm still awaiting a response.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just FYI, I have never seen Mark 4 low 30mm rings that Lazy21 is referencing above, I think Leupold starts at medium. Their mediums are .84 if I remember correctly and you do want to leave yourself room to put the Butler Creeks on.

I'm not saying lows of some brand won't work, but I'd still go medium if you're talking Badger.</div></div>

you're 100% right, they were mediums.......sorry for making an a** of myself. I was so sure i was right

LOL, wasn't trying to make you out as that Lazy, I just know how bad it sucks to get a new $150 set of rings, race home and throw them on....just to have your scope hit. Just wanted to be sure the OP had all the info he needed.