• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spotters What spotter to buy

DeadNoise

Legend
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 25, 2008
Nevada
Well I’m in the market for a new spotter. I shoot MOA. I like to new nightforce but thinking of something with more power due to living in the wide open Nevada you can always use more power. And not a vortex fan. Thoughts?

I really like my leupold mark 4 20-40. Beyond 40 it gets dark and hard to see. Plus they make great cages for them.

IMG_6066.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6068.jpeg
    IMG_6068.jpeg
    213.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_6067.jpeg
    IMG_6067.jpeg
    236.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_6072.jpeg
    IMG_6072.jpeg
    279.5 KB · Views: 19
I liked my leupolds but they seemed to drop off above 30x or so. It was a good spotter that was easy to pack and throw in my pack 2ithout worrying about damaging it. I tried a Hensoldt spotter 60, but it didn't offer enough to justify keeping it (ability for service, cost, performance). I recently sold my last one and picked up a Swarovski ATC. It's good to, but not what your looking for.

If I was in your shoes I'd get a Leupold GoldRing 12-40HD. Not the mk4. The HD has better coatings but not laser safe like the mk4. My HD was clearer then the mk4 I had.

Or a STR on the high end.

Swarovski. Here is a good deal on a lightly used STS 80 scope body. It does not come with an eyepiece, so you have some flexibility to get the one you want.

It's our pleasure, as a long standing supporting vendor here, to discuss the different available options and special opportunities with you. Please give a call, 516-217-1000, when you have the time. Thanks